Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good sign? :)

tag
maryellis1981
Valued Member

A good sign? :)

Hi Everyone,

I posted a couple of weeks back about ways to utilize my credit to increase my score following a short sale last year.  Well today I received a letter in the mail from Discover indicating that they were increasing my credit line from $500 to $2500.  They had originally dropped it to $500 about a month after the short sale.  I'm assuming that this increase in my credit line is a good sign?  How should I be utilize this increase in credit, without maxing out the card every month?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: A good sign? :)

@maryellis1981 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I posted a couple of weeks back about ways to utilize my credit to increase my score following a short sale last year.  Well today I received a letter in the mail from Discover indicating that they were increasing my credit line from $500 to $2500.  They had originally dropped it to $500 about a month after the short sale.  I'm assuming that this increase in my credit line is a good sign?  How should I be utilize this increase in credit, without maxing out the card every month?

PIF b4 the closing date

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.