Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A helpful spreadsheet tool

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

A helpful spreadsheet tool

Here is a spreadsheet I created the last couple of days to help me keep track of all of my pending payments to CC's and other ACH payments as well as Checks.  I just update the balance on my spreadsheet in my checking account and delete the payments that have cleared my bank account.  Then, if I schedule more payments, I add it to the spreadsheet.  Great tool to keep you from overdrafting because you forgot about a payment and doubled up.

This spreadsheet also keeps track of utilization for you and gives you FICO friendly tips and warnings.  I have 3 tabs at the bottom.  A Current, Last Statement, and Example sheet.  Yes, the example sheet actually has my CL's and pending payments, although I made up the number for my bank balance.  Nobody needs that info but me.  Just fill in the info on the Current tab, it will automatically copy to the Last Statement tab, except for the balance.  I use the Last statement tab to keep track of what balance reported at statement close.  Whatever you do, don't change the Utilizatinon field at all and only change the balance field on the At last statement tab.  Also, only print page 1 if you print.

Hope this helps everyone keep track of your finances.  Please give feedback if you find something I should add in or if there is an error you find.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A helpful spreadsheet tool

Great job!

I do not need the spreadsheet to help me keep track of outstanding items (I write everything down in check register immediately) because I am an accountant and I used to work for bank of america as a manager for customer service my senior year of college, I am really OCD about keeping track of everything spent.

HOWEVER, I LOVE the utilization part and will utilize that in my own spreadsheet now that I use for my budgeting.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 16
prettywise77
Valued Member

Thanks a bunch.  Just what I was praying for!  Smiley Wink  I wanted a spreedsheet to better track my spending and expenses.  This will work great for me.
Message 3 of 16
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

nice- I have a much more generic on! I think Im going to replace it. he he he he!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the uti feature...thanks
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like it but I have a request, could you also add an input for APR and calculate the interest being payed on it for the month, I know it often is calculated with adb, but could you calculate it with the balance entered just to give us a ball-park? 
Message 6 of 16
heirophant
Established Contributor

fender wrote:
I like it but I have a request, could you also add an input for APR and calculate the interest being payed on it for the month, I know it often is calculated with adb, but could you calculate it with the balance entered just to give us a ball-park? 

Thanks for the feedback.  I hope to get more of it.  Yeah, APR and interest paid is one thing I didn't include because I didn't think it was relevent to tracking payments and balances.  And like you said, because most interest is calculated with ADB, it would not be accurate.  Excel is limited on what it can do as well, mainly because you can only have up to 7 nested functions and the total length allowed doesn't give me much room to do everything I want.  I think I am going to make another version, but a version that is based on your web browser, using an ActiveX controls and Javascript to store the data.  Everything will be done client-side, so nobody will see your information but you, just like the excel sheet.  So, everyone wanting a program to keep track of their payments and utilization in a neat, organized, informative, and FICO-friendly manner, look at the spreadsheet and tell me what you think and what else you think would be useful and I will attempt over the next few weeks to come up with a nice way to keep everything organized.

Fender, when I get home tonight, I will look into adding that column for you.  Because I wanted everything to fit on one printable page, I also omitted the APR information.

Message Edited by heirophant on 05-08-2008 02:42 PM

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad you appreciate feedback =P 

Also, showing the min. payment based off the normal 3% would be cool.. but not everyone will have 3% min. payment i suppose =/

I love the spreadsheet, expecially the If statements for your cards with balances, and uti %! Have you made any spreadsheets for budgets and such?

Message Edited by fender on 05-08-2008 02:50 PM
Message 8 of 16
heirophant
Established Contributor

No, haven't got that organized yet.

Mortgage 11/20
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

very well done... hmm  I'm going to use this but in the Pending Payment section im going to use company name as hyperlink to ebill site so i can click and pay Smiley Wink

This is very useful tool and thanks Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.