Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little advice needed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little advice needed?

Okay, so here's my situation:

My capital one statement is about to cut with a $1839 balance out of $2550 available credit.

My chase statement cut on the 5th with $504 out of $1200 available credit.

And my huntington voice statement will cut at the beginning of next month with $681 (most likely less bc i will be making payments, on all of these) out of $1000.

Discover was just paid off, so Im not worried about that.

I understand that this is pretty high Utilization.

I have about $7000 available credit from other cards but these are the only ones with balances.

a few emergencies hit us in a row and with no other options, the credit cards needed to be pulled out.

Since people generally seem to ask, the emergencies were:

Fiance's grandmothers cremation (Family is paying this back next month): $1200 on Capital one.

Portion of roof collapsed due to water damage: $600 Capital One, $500 Chase, totalling $1100

Electric and gas bills at old house had remained unpaid by mother who we were living with at the time, had to be paid before we could move: $681 total to huntington

Okay, now heres where I need advice.

I have to charge another $300 total to capital one and $300 to chase for our first months rent at our apartment this friday, but these charges will be paid of next week when my paycheck is deposited.

As for the rest of the charges, the cremation will be paid off by fiances family next month and then I will have the money to pay everything off as well.

How should I go about making the payments to fix the damage that my scores will take? (Im not upset that my scores will take a hit this month, it happens sometimes)

Should i just PIF after the next statements cut?
Leave a small balance, then PIF?

I will be using the cards every month for ultities, rent and groceries and PIF every month after we are moved in and caught up.
Id love to know what you guys think

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: A little advice needed?

If you know the money is coming in to pay everything back, don't fret about the temporary score dings. Your scores will recover in due time. But my advice would be to spread out the money coming in across all your cards and make sure the UTIL on each of them is as low as possible. At least under 50%.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the money is DEFINITELY coming in.

Theyre paying me back, plus im getting 2 large bonus's from work.

Not too mention that the money wasnt an issue, thats why it wasnt a problem for me to charge so much.

I just want to make sure that im doing the best thing possible for my credit when paying the owed amounts back.

But thank you, ill keep getting everything under 50% in mind for sure.

Ill be making small payments ($50-$100) a week until I get the bonus's but its only small payments because Im about to move and will have to put out moving expenses

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spread the money across accounts so the util on each card is as low as possible. Capone is better with high util than other lenders, so if you must, leave a higher util on that. Util part of your score is based on a snapshot, so they should be back up next month when you pay them down.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.