Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little advice needed

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

A little advice needed

So I have 3 cards at this point in time and need some advice about what to do with them.

1.) Discover it with no AF and $2,100 cl. I've had this card for 2 years but the low cl and high apr have made it impossible to use on a regular basis.

2.) Barclay Arrival WEMC with $89 annual fee and $6,500 cl. Have used this card heavily in the past and have had it just a little over a year. We haven't traveled much lately so this card has been sitting in the sd.

3.)Cap One Platinum Prestige with no AF and $6,000 cl and 10.99 apr. 0% interest until November of this year but after that it's pretty much useless other than the low apr.

I would prefer to have just one card that I can use on a daily basis but haven't found that perfect one. Thank you for any and all advice!!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: A little advice needed

Reallyyou will be hard pressed to find better than 10.99 percent. Unless you want miles or cash back rewards to be daily card. Me. No single card will do. Everyone gets a piece of the pie. 

Message 2 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

You're right.  It's impossible to find one card that does it all.  I would prefer to have a card with cashback.  My Discover card would be perfect if I didn't have to make 4 payments a month to keep from going over my cl.

The Arrival might need to go because I'm spending more with the annual fee than I'm getting in return.

Message 3 of 26
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Why not ask for a CLI on the discover then?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Been there, done that. 1 cli in two years.

Message 5 of 26
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Something in your profile that must not look too keen to them, I haven't ask for a CLI on my card yet but was given an auto CLI before my initial 90 days was up

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 26
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

I would prefer to have just one card that I can use on a daily basis but haven't found that perfect one. Thank you for any and all advice!!

What are your scores/reports like?

What type of card are you looking for? Rewards? Cash back? Low APR?

Message 7 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Fico EX: 660  EQ: 703 TU: 706 

6 Year Old BK and no other baddies

6% UTL

I like my cashback with Discover but need a higher limit.  I'm tempted to request a HP cli but don't want to get the standard $500 cli that I've seen others get.

I don't know if I should close the CapOne and Barclay cards seeing that one has no rewards other than low apr and the other has an $89 annual fee.

Message 8 of 26
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

6% UTL

I like my cashback with Discover but need a higher limit.  I'm tempted to request a HP cli but don't want to get the standard $500 cli that I've seen others get.

I don't know if I should close the CapOne and Barclay cards seeing that one has no rewards other than low apr and the other has an $89 annual fee.

That BK is probably why they haven't given you a higher CL, one way to find out is request a CLI and if its a no go or a small increase then call them and ask what's holding it back.

Message 9 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

6% UTL

Well I did 2 hp Cli's from discover. And I got just that. 500 each time. No more for me. With them. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.