Did you mean: 

A little lost with my options.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little lost with my options.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow thanks for all the quick response's.   My Capital One and Finger Hut are 4 months old.    This month the only thing that will report with be my Capital One and I'll pay it now to make sure when it reports under 10% when my statement post's on tuesday. 

I think you have all the answers.

You only need below 10% when you APP.

But seeing as you only have 4 months on your 2 cards, I personally would not app today... so no need to get below 10% just yet.   Of course you can pay just to pay.

Wait the extra 2 months so you have AT LEAST 6 months reported, then get your balances to 9% before your app and you should have some great news to share with us.

I've had as much as 70% reporting when apping. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 12
bch238
Regular Contributor

Re: A little lost with my options.

IMO, your best option would be to hold off applying for any more credit cards for now.  Your credit score will get dinged in the short term, even if you are approved, and it won't recover before your time horizon for applying for a car loan.  A lower score will mean your car loan interest will be relatively high.  My advice is wait until you get the car, then wait another six months after that before applying for another credit card.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.