Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little love from Kroger 1-2-3

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

A little love from Kroger 1-2-3

I just received my 6th statement from Kroger (RBS).  Current CL of 5,500, bal 2,400 (0% BT).  Always pay at least 10X min. payment.

I called and asked for a CLI.  The CSR asked how much I wanted.  I replied "all I can get". 

HE said "You ARE eligible for a CLI and we can offer an increase to 8,000 with no credit pull but if you want more it will require that we check your credit".

I took the 2,500 CLI.  Not even a question about income.

I like Kroger 1-2-3

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DI
Super Contributor

Re: A little love from Kroger 1-2-3

@Itsmeagain wrote:

I just received my 6th statement from Kroger (RBS).  Current CL of 5,500, bal 2,400 (0% BT).  Always pay at least 10X min. payment.

I called and asked for a CLI.  The CSR asked how much I wanted.  I replied "all I can get". 

HE said "You ARE eligible for a CLI and we can offer an increase to 8,000 with no credit pull but if you want more it will require that we check your credit".

I took the 2,500 CLI.  Not even a question about income.

I like Kroger 1-2-3

Congrats! I'm glad to hear about the CLI's they give.  I use this card for gas and grocery at Krogers.  I get a lot usage on it. 

Message 2 of 10
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Congrats!
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the post, meagain.  We love Kroger and have been wondering about their CLI's.

DH app'd in July (I'm an AU) and received $6,000 CL.  When he activated the card - using what I've learned from these boards - he called in and requested a CLI and indicated he wanted no hard inquiry.  They assured him there would be no hard and upped his CL to $10,000.  Woot!  However, they did do a hard pull.  I should try to get the hard removed or changed to a soft - haven't done that before but I know I can probably find some info on how to do that on these boards.

We pop a lot of money through this card and PIF.  Hopefully they will be as nice to DH in six months as they were to you.  Thanks for sharing the info & Congratulations on that lovely CLI!

Edited to add:  Are they softing you on a regular basis or did they soft you for this pull?

Message Edited by beamMEup on 10-08-2009 09:25 AM
Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats!!  nice cli itsme Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 10
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Kroger 1-2-3 is a great card! I think it is one of the most underrated out there.

They started me with 6K in May, and I hadn't even considered asking for more. We'll see what happens after the 6 month anniversary.

Congrats on the big jump!!

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 10
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the post, meagain.  We love Kroger and have been wondering about their CLI's.

DH app'd in July (I'm an AU) and received $6,000 CL.  When he activated the card - using what I've learned from these boards - he called in and requested a CLI and indicated he wanted no hard inquiry.  They assured him there would be no hard and upped his CL to $10,000.  Woot!  However, they did do a hard pull.  I should try to get the hard removed or changed to a soft - haven't done that before but I know I can probably find some info on how to do that on these boards.

We pop a lot of money through this card and PIF.  Hopefully they will be as nice to DH in six months as they were to you.  Thanks for sharing the info & Congratulations on that lovely CLI!

Edited to add:  Are they softing you on a regular basis or did they soft you for this pull?

Message Edited by beamMEup on 10-08-2009 09:25 AM

Thanks to all.  Sorry for the delay in responding but I had to pull a current EQ report and you know how long that takes . . . . LOL!

The only pulls from Kroger were:

1. Hard pull on 3-25-09 to open the account and;
  2. Soft pull (AR), on 9-11-09.

So, they had already made their decision before I called for the CLI on 10-7-09.

Hope they treat you all as well.

IMA

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 10-09-2009 04:44 AM

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
rom828
Established Contributor

Super congrats to you, ima!!!  Smiley Happy

I love my 123 card, which I never would have even apped for if not for this forum.  And so good to know about the CLI.  I plan to check for 'softs' around the time of my 6th statement and maybe I'll be as fortunate as you!  

This card gets a lot of use as it's the only one I use for groceries and gas, and I PIF ,except this month I stupidly didnt get payment in before statement so a balance reported......rats! Smiley Mad

Congrats again!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itsmeagain wrote: Thanks to all.  Sorry for the delay in responding but I had to pull a current EQ report and you know how long that takes . . . . LOL!  The only pulls from Kroger were:
  1. Hard pull on 3-25-09 to open the account and;
  2. Soft pull (AR), on 9-11-09.

So, they had already made their decision before I called for the CLI on 10-7-09.  Hope they treat you all as well.

Thanks for checkin' that for all of us - you are golden!

I haven't checked my soft pulls on Equifax for a chunk of time.  I check them occasionally on EXP & TU 'cuz I can pull them off CCT.  Not so with EQ.  If I want to see EQ soft pulls, do I have to pull it directly from Equifax.com?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI to $15,000 on Kroger 1-2-3 - Our highest limit card right now

Really liking Kroger!

Thought I'd update this thread rather than starting a new one. 

DH just called in for a CLI (Kroger card is 11 months old).   His current CL was $10,000.

They asked him how much he wanted, he said what is available to me? and they said you need to provide a number.   He said $15,000.

They said they will need to pull his credit (we expected this).

They asked him to call back tomorrow to find out if his request for a CLI was granted.  Logged on next day - voila!  New CL:  $15,000.

His EQ score is 796, his utilization is 5%.  We put a lot through the card monthly and PIF, but often report a small balance on this card.

When DH originally opened card last July, he had a $6,000 CL.  When he activated the card  he called in and requested a CLI and they upped it to $10,000.  

So, $6,000 CL to $15,000 CL in 11 months.  Me likey!  Smiley Tongue

Also, Kroger reports as a bank card - so that's a plus.  Their interest is 14.99% - pretty high.  But as PIF'ers, we've yet to pay any interest on this card.

Thanks forums for helping us find this card and know how to manage it!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.