@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you! So proud of you!Smiley Happy

Thank you, my friend! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little sad to close Good Sam Signature Visa

@score_building wrote:

Consider moving to act based primarily on your relationship/ experience with an issuer/product vs posts that may not include full disclosure or be directly applicable to your relationship with a lender.

Sorry that you seem to have a negative outlook on things, but I plan my account openings and closures based upon my overall plan and strategy, and not for any other reason. This fits very well with my plan. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 31
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Consider moving to act based primarily on your relationship/ experience with an issuer/product vs posts that may not include full disclosure or be directly applicable to your relationship with a lender.

Sorry that you seem to have a negative outlook on things, but I plan my account openings and closures based upon my overall plan and strategy, and not for any other reason. This fits very well with my plan. Smiley Happy

Not at all humu, seems a misunderstanding to find a post highlight to base actions on ones own experience anything but affirmative. I am pleased to hear you are moving to act in accordance with what works for you and fits with your plan Smiley HappySorry if that wasn't clear.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

congrats on downsizing. im sure it was hard as u liked some design aspects of the card (which i totally get!). 

Thanks d, appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 31
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It's a good feeling to be at a place in your credit life where you can close unnecessary cards. I'm all for cutting dead wood, I like quality of credit over quantity of credit personally, so it's nice to get rid of dead weight. Congrats on moving on, double congrats for it being a comenity card on top of it.
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
It's a good feeling to be at a place in your credit life where you can close unnecessary cards. I'm all for cutting dead wood, I like quality of credit over quantity of credit personally, so it's nice to get rid of dead weight. Congrats on moving on, double congrats for it being a comenity card on top of it.

Thank you creditguy, some solidly good points you have there Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 31
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

Okay... am I missing something here, as to Comenity Card, being a good card to close??? I know that they are as bad as Syncrony Bank to cary a balance on. I have one of these, and they sent me a letter saying if I didn't use it, they were going to close it... Well close away, as 26.9% interest is CRAZY!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think it sounds like there's no love lost here with closing the card, and that's fine, but it's no worse than most other major rewards cards as far as carrying a balance. 15 percent or 25 percent, either way, rewards are washed out.

I also find the Comenity hate puzzling. Yes there was a wave of AA (which occurs with any lender). I'm not saying they have wonderful products, but if your profile is "risky" and apt to cause AA, ditching comenity isn't the real solution. The solution is to fix whatever makes you a risk in the eyes of creditors, because none of the AA was unique to comenity. Other creditors shut people down without warning too.

Anyway, OP seems happy with the decision, and trimming down is never a bad thing Smiley Happy.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.