Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little stunned, Approved for USAA Visa

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: A little stunned, Approved for USAA Visa

No baddies ever, 7% util, Only 1 year AAoA, 12 inqs, oldest card 5 years, newest card 2 months old.... Im surprised i got approved honestly with all the INQs. They pulled EQ btw.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 11 of 29
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

my EQ shows 13 INQs while the other two show 2. 

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Info. I have been a partial member of Usaa for almost two years. They were my main bank but then I moved everything to Alliant Credit Union. I still maintain my accounts with them but because of my 3yo paid in full baddies, I am a little reluctant to apply for the usaa card. Maybe one day I'll apply. LOL

But again Congrats!!!!!!
Message 13 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Are you a full or limited member?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 29
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Interesting, my USAA MC had a $3,000 limit, but then during the credit crunch they lowered it to $1,500 (I owed $1500 on it at the time Smiley Sad ). My interest rate has allways been 9.9%.

I really like my USAA bank. This one time I made a mistake, I overdrafted.. the account was negative -$15 for two days until my transfer from IGN Direct checking account went through. To my surprise, they never charged me an overdraft fee. I can only wonder...

One goal I have is to get my utilization WAY down (talking 5-10%). By the end of this year 3 of the 5 "neagatives" I have on my report will be 7 years old, and 1 more "negative" says (on my Experian report) that it will go to good standing by Oct. 2012. All my "negatives" are simply 30 day lates. Then close all my other credit cards, but I will keep my USAA MasterCard, and USAA American Express.

Message 15 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

thanks ^_^, just wondering now if i should consolidate my 3 cards with balances to 1 card with a balance, its only $1200

If you feel you need to do that go ahead, can you pay it off in a short period of time?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Juan123 wrote:

thanks ^_^, just wondering now if i should consolidate my 3 cards with balances to 1 card with a balance, its only $1200

But why? Just pay them off. I don't think that a $1200 combined balance is enough to go through the gyrations of a BT.

Unless you have an offer with a 0% transfer fee (not necessarily the APR, but the cost to move the money over), it might wind up costing more to BT.

You can snowball the payments if you want. Pick a tactic, either lowest balance first or highest APR first. Pay the minimums on the other two cards and throw everything you have at the chosen card (the lowest balance or highest APR card.) Once it's paid off, add the amount you were paying on it to the minimum on the next card, and pay it off. Then pay off the third.

Or if you have enough extra cash, pay them all down at pretty much the same rate.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 29
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

Just decided to get my foot into a nice bank and from everything i've heard USAA, NFCU,     And Penfed are the way to go,after getting denied for a CC at penfed,    and not qualifying for NFCU i joined USAA   without even opening a checking or savings account i applied for the USAA Visa.

Yea i know the APR is high but this is BY FAR my highest limit CC. my highest limit card right now is carecredit at $3000 but my highest limit Visa\MC is only $1500 >_< over 4x my highest limit >_<

Time to consolidate my other cards!

Approved Credit Limit$6,200.00
Current APRs

Purchase APR

23.9% (Prime+20.65%)

Cash Advance and Balance Transfer APR
23.9% (Prime+20.65%)

Congrats! Very nice limit. The APR is kinda scary. 

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 18 of 29
ntx
Regular Contributor

Hi - just joined the community. Lots of great info here!

I was approved for a USAA Visa, $3k, as well, back in Feb. 2012. I have been with them for auto insurance since 1998, but had nothing else with them.

Ch. 7 bankruptcy in 1995. Perfect payments since - had Credit One, switched to HSBC to avoid annual fee, then dropped that when I got the USAA card.

Got an auto loan last October, new Hyundai, from WFDS. Around 5.2% I believe.

EQ currently shows 679, and TU 686.  Working towards the magical 700, planning on buying a house early next year (FHA).

Just applied for Chase Freedom, got the "we'll let you know in 10 days message", which I guess is better than an outright decline.

Will post again either way when I hear from Chase. 

NTX

FICO 8 as of March 27, 2024:
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the USAA Card!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.