Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little too much but cant risk getting rid of em

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: A little too much but cant risk getting rid of em

That is very impressive.

I honestly don't think I could handle that many so kudos to you for being able to do so.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 21 of 30
mpswirl
Valued Member

omg thats mind blowing.........i would also like to see the wallet that holds these bad boys

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 22 of 30
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Dear lord.... So having a lot of cards does not hurt your credit score at all, correct ? (as long as your average age and time since last app are good)

Message 23 of 30
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Whoa.... And I thought I had alot of cards

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 24 of 30
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Please explain your title.

1  Why is it a little too much.    You say you manage it well.

2. Why can't you risk getting rid of em?  I assume you mean any of them?   What is the risk?

Message 25 of 30
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Holy Moly! Wowser Happy Holidays!

Message 26 of 30
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Um, wow. I don't know if I am impressed, or feel bad for you Smiley Tongue

But, it's awesome that you have some really high limits and pretty much all of the major prime issuers covered.

I know many might disagree, but I would close some of the cards that don't benefit you. At this point, with your profile, it seems that maintaining the card(s) that give you the most benefit, that you will actually use, would be the most prudent action. I don't think you'll be damaging yourself in any significant way by closing cards that you don't truly use anyway. I have a score far below yours, and do actually close out cards and their history if I'm not using them or the limits are too small. It's kind of stressful managing too many accounts. I try to just maintain a 5yr AAoA, which seems to do the trick for me when it comes to easy approvals for new cards.

And as far as your combined CL of > $400k, I wouldn't count it that way. If you start running them up, there's no guaranty that the companies wouldn't suspend your account at any time if they notice some sudden risk. And when one bank does that, others may follow. Not trying to be a downer, but I think it's a reality.

if you take that list you provided, and add a column called "What I've gotten back from this card this year in benefits" it may help narrow the list for you.

Message 27 of 30
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Wow!!! I'm speechless! So many cards! 

Props for being able to handle that amount of cards!

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 28 of 30
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Insane Smiley Tongue

Message 29 of 30
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Alright, I thought mine was bad... Smiley Tongue

I've got about 15 (I think, lol), and am definitely closing some when they hit one year of being open - it's just too much for me to keep track of...

Kudos to you, though - you're obviously doing a great job managing all that. 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.