Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A man down

tag
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

A man down

i have been reading these forum for a almost six month getting real nice insight that i thought i was putting to good use. i am a trucredit subscriber and i thought i have broken the golden 700 club seal with a score of 713 on my experian FAKO i new it was a fako but i thought how much different can they really be? i had trans union at 680 and equifax at 662 all fakos...... let me regress at the beggining of the year i declared a resolution to bring my credit above 700 (not realizing how hard it really was) after i found myfico i got really motivated i did all the right things although i have never posted i was too busy reading. i thought i have broken the seal but now i know that probably wont happen this year i have never ever fulfilled a new year resolution even though i really try any ways i think i am gonna let the fico tonic alone Fakos trans union 680 experian 713 equifax 662 ficos trans union 642 experian 634 equifax 620
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A man down

Well dont give up all things are possible, just keep tending the garden.  If you have lots of inquiries or new accounts these will take a while to age and help your score.

Just be sure to keep your payments on time and keep your util low.  That is another thing that can make your score be lower the util, is it under 10% if not this is something you could work on.

If all things are good, util, inquiries, new accounts then you just need to let the garden grow. 

But if you keep all things good in time your CS will come up slowly but surely.

And really your scores are not so bad and you have to realize as your scores go higher they move slower and all things such as above hurt your score more.  Good Luck Vicki

Message 2 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant surprise! What's really strange is that most people have the same experience with TC FAKO's: they're higher than the real things while you're working your way up. Once your FICO's hit around 670 or so, the TC scores tend to kind of match, and then as you head toward 700 and beyond, the TC FAKO's are lower. My TC's are currently running about 50 points lower than the real things, go figure.

Hang in there--as Vicki said, your scores aren't bad at all. Here's hoping you catch up with the FAKO's and pass them soon!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 16
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Mine are the exact opposite.

FAKO = 583/615/543
FICO = 640/650/651

I'm not sure if I should be happy about that or not. It's a little disconcerting because of course only my EQ FICO is monitored by SW, always makes me wonder if my EX and TU's are really plummeting without my knowledge. But for some reason my FAKOs have always been consistently 50-100 points lower.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sorry to hear about your unpleasant surprise! What's really strange is that most people have the same experience with TC FAKO's: they're higher than the real things while you're working your way up. Once your FICO's hit around 670 or so, the TC scores tend to kind of match, and then as you head toward 700 and beyond, the TC FAKO's are lower. My TC's are currently running about 50 points lower than the real things, go figure.

Hang in there--as Vicki said, your scores aren't bad at all. Here's hoping you catch up with the FAKO's and pass them soon!

Exactly -- and what a good feeling when the ficos break thru...

As of yesterday I'm..
FICOs:    TU680     EX666     EQ693
FAKOs:   TU667     EX660     EQ685

Three months ago the point differences were 1, 2 and 5..  woohoo, progress!

And to the PP..  you'll get there! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 16
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

I guess i was writting while currently on shock it did take me for surprise but i cant give up the fico tonic just yet. i signed up for score watch today and cant wait to see my real scores grow. i love this forums everybody here is so helpful and uplifting. so back on the wagon or off it i forgot how that goes...
Message 6 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Its probably been said many times here but if you work on the things you need to do to improve your scores, they will take care of themselves.

I know people hear have made some very quick and impressive gains, but its always been slower for me.  If you have some derogs or high util, it may take a few years to get your scores where you want to be.  It took my 5 years to improve my scores.

It wont happen over night but it will happen.  Keep the faith and keep working.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 16
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

its funny my scores are being dragged by being an authorized user usually is the other way around. my brother added me a while back at the time it helped but right now he has 10,000 charged on a 11k limit so thats being reported as mined but its cool he never been late but yeah thats bringing my score down instead of helping
Message 8 of 16
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Are you willing to give us details of your current TLs like what your limits are and how high are your balances, etc?

That could give readers a chance to determine how easily you may be able to hit that 700 mark.  Hell, you've got 7 months to go.  Don't be discouraged.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

i dont have too many accounts

my car loan its three years old never been late still owe 14k lcapital one credit car.............600 limit only 4mo old
the dreaded first premier card.....450 limit 10mo old
like i said before i never thought about credit before making the resolution so i am well behind one thing i do is always pay on time i have no lates i keep balances low except the one on my brothers name who am i to tell him hey your are hurting my fico keep it low lol his account history is five years old by the way so i know thats helping more than it is hurting.
i do have a collection from 2005 which is paid it was only 265 dollars but i know thats a fico killer. it doesnt help that its reporting twice and i cant get it off (for some reason after i called to ask about it before i paid it they reported it again and dropped my score some valuable pts.... ummm nothing more to add
by the way do you guys think that i can get a higher limit card with my scores? eqx=620 exp=634 trans union=644
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.