Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A man down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A man down

FicoPsycho wrote:
its funny my scores are being dragged by being an authorized user usually is the other way around. my brother added me a while back at the time it helped but right now he has 10,000 charged on a 11k limit so thats being reported as mined but its cool he never been late but yeah thats bringing my score down instead of helping

If this is really hurting you ask to be removed as AU. This may be a quick way to boost score's if it is making UTL high.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FicoPsycho wrote:
i dont have too many accounts

my car loan its three years old never been late still owe 14k lcapital one credit car.............600 limit only 4mo old
the dreaded first premier card.....450 limit 10mo old
like i said before i never thought about credit before making the resolution so i am well behind one thing i do is always pay on time i have no lates i keep balances low except the one on my brothers name who am i to tell him hey your are hurting my fico keep it low lol his account history is five years old by the way so i know thats helping more than it is hurting.
i do have a collection from 2005 which is paid it was only 265 dollars but i know thats a fico killer. it doesnt help that its reporting twice and i cant get it off (for some reason after i called to ask about it before i paid it they reported it again and dropped my score some valuable pts.... ummm nothing more to add
by the way do you guys think that i can get a higher limit card with my scores? eqx=620 exp=634 trans union=644

The history would help from your brother's card, but the utility is killing you.

Have you tried to write a good will letter for the paid collection? There are some sample letter's in the general credit section you can read up on how other's have used them to try to help remove paid collection's.

You're score's are not bad at all, but I do think if the utility is low on your card's alone, then the AU account is probably bringing them down a bit.
Message 12 of 16
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

who do i mail the letter to the reporting agencies or the collection agency?
Message 13 of 16
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

On a positive note, congratulations on having the best user name here!
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FicoPsycho wrote:
who do i mail the letter to the reporting agencies or the collection agency?

A good will letter goes to the collection agency. The CRA's are not likely to be very forgiving.

Here's the thread with the example's and suggestion's.

If it is reporting in duplicate, then I suggest disputing, in writing giving as much detail to why it is a duplicate entry. (Same account #, amount, date, etc) DH had this problem and it was verified 3 times before I wrote all ALL the reasons it was reporting twice and they removed the extra entry.

Message 15 of 16
FicoPsycho
Valued Member

thanks about the name just an spontaneous thought i am going to try that letter thing see how that works
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.