Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new twist to the insanity of Chase

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

A new twist to the insanity of Chase

Sorry if this is long but it's just so incredible I had to tell you guys.

Quick Background . . . Chase customer for 1.5 yrs.  Originally opened by Chase (not Providian or Wamu).  Recently "upgraded" to Sapphire card.  Always PIF before statement cuts.

Statement drops on the 1st.  They billed me twice in same month for "payment protection" @ $7.95/mo (which I didn't remember agreeing to), once on July 2 and again on Aug. 1, causing a balance to appear on Aug. statement.  I called to complain.  CSR apologized but said they couldn't do anything about it since statement had dropped. I asked to cancel the payment protection and the next day the account showed a credit for two months of charges, creating a credit balance of -$7.95 on the account. 

Thank you very much!!

This morning I pulled my credit reports from CreditSecure.  Low and behold, according to TU and EX, my Chase account has been CLOSED, (EQ doesn't update until the third week of the month), showing a zero CL and the positive balance of $7.95.  There is also a notation at the bottom that says "Amount disputed by customer".  Now remember, I never disputed ANYTHING.  I just ragged on them about their double-billing during the same billing period and requested that the payment protection be cancelled.

Now, if you think that's strange, this next part is BIZARRE!!

So, I logged onto my online account.  All apears normal.  Balance is correct (-$7.95), CL remains the same, no payment due.

So, I call up Chase . . . . get a friendly CSR who checks my account and says "There is nothing wrong Mr. IMA, your account is open and in good standing".  I asked to speak to a supervisor . . . . exact same story . . . . "You're a valued customer Mr. IMA, we haven't closed your account,  It is open and in good standing".

Soooo, I ask why two of the three CRA's seem to think this is not so.  They reply that they don't understand either but they are going to issue a notice to all three CRA's and will send me a letter confirming the status of my account and I should receive it within 5-7 days.

I'm putting the card in the SD and really don't care if it's closed or not but I just wonder . . . . . is there ANYTHING that Chase does RIGHT?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: A new twist to the insanity of Chase

Apparently yes Smiley Happy . I have read in the past that you will get back to your correct score i.e. gain/lose points due to this.

Even though something went wrong with chase the CS is doing all they can to fix your problem and that is what you should be appriciating Smiley Happy

the payment protection plan... Chase calls you few days after you get your card and go through few stuff like congratulating and slowly slip the payment protection plan question to you.  You might have answered yes unknowingly. 

I have a chase account, and they have rectified problem everytime I called them. 

-void
Message 2 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement Void.  I probably did approve the payment protection and that would have been fine if they wouldn't have billed it twice in one billing period, causing a balance to show.  But, in any event, it's done now and I'll just have to wait and see how this shakes out.  This is the only problem I've had with Chase but it's a doozy. 

And I do appreciate them fixing THEIR problem, I really do.

Message 3 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

UPDATE!! . . . Within 2 days of my complaint, Chase notified each of the CRB's and updated the information in my account.  Now all I have to do is get TU to report the CL and I'm back to normal.

And you're correct Voidman, Chase did the right thing and I DO appreciate it.

Message 4 of 6
voidman
Established Contributor

Nice to hear that...

So is the Chase card out of the SD?

Smiley Wink

-void
Message 5 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Brought it out just long enough to verify the acct. was open by doing a small online purchase.  But, I'll definately put it in FRONT of the others in the SD . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.