Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A question about Chase

My sister needs a question answered about Chase.

Many years ago she had a credit card with Chase and never paid it.  Recently she received a settlement offer from RJM Acquisitions to settle the account and she did.

Can she apply for a Chase card again without having a problem.

BTW, the account is way past SOL and it's not showing up on her Credit Reports.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: A question about Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

My sister needs a question answered about Chase.

Many years ago she had a credit card with Chase and never paid it.  Recently she received a settlement offer from RJM Acquisitions to settle the account and she did.

Can she apply for a Chase card again without having a problem.

BTW, the account is way past SOL and it's not showing up on her Credit Reports.

Have RJM sent a confirmation the account is settled in full?  If the account has been settled and her credit is good, I don't see why she shouldn't apply. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

She settled for 163.01

Original Balance was 543.39

70% off Discount

Her credit is good and the account is not on her Credit Report

Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

She should apply right away.  Or if she's still concern, she can call Chase to make sure no other accounts with a balance are in her name. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DI

Message 5 of 7
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

RJM is a scavenger collector of debts(still trying to hit me up for something from 96) that are 99% of the time way past the s.o.l. they only pay cents on the dollar for there accounts when you didn' pay Chase they wrote off the debt and sold it in a debt auction so it really woldn't matter to Chase if you paid it or not personally i wouldn't bring bring it up to them I would just go for it and good luck

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 6 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:

RJM is a scavenger collector of debts(still trying to hit me up for something from 96) that are 99% of the time way past the s.o.l. they only pay cents on the dollar for there accounts when you didn' pay Chase they wrote off the debt and sold it in a debt auction so it really woldn't matter to Chase if you paid it or not personally i wouldn't bring bring it up to them I would just go for it and good luck

I'm sure Chase still has the person's SSN in its system.  So whether she bring it up or not, they will know that she was once a customer.  I had 2 accounts that went into collections with Citi in 2003.  I later paid the accounts off in 2004 and got them deleted in 2009.  One month after I got the accounts deleted from my credit reports, I applied for the  Citi Platinum Select card and got instantly approved for $4000.  Then 2 months later, I got approved for a Citi Sears card for $3600. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.