cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Joining NFCU Membership?

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

A question about Joining NFCU Membership?

Hello I was reading the Threads regarding Family Membership and I was talking to my Sister and thinking the make sure if I qualify it may sound crazy know bing she full Blood. From our mother but different last name different fathers Mother is still alive "God Bless"she been a member for 25 yrs and I just found that out a fee months ago .i don't want to have any back lashed after I apply and NFCU comes back and says something like prove it .same mother in our birth certificate should be enough ? " Right" just tell me I'm over paranoid.or there's something I'm missing
Why most are applying and there qualifications
Are member .i hope I'm blessed from my sister being a member through Navy and here father
Thank
If anyone can reply I'm good then next week I'm going to join
Regards
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Re: A question about Joining NFCU Membership?

same mother is enough, you are  family! go for it Smiley Happy

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 2 of 6
creditFiend
Established Contributor

No need to be paranoid. Whole sister, half sister, you're still related, so you're eligible.
If they need proof, both birth certificates showing same mother would suffice. GL!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 3 of 6
NY2014
Established Contributor

Ok Great .i know it's was a sissy question .but just wanted a peace of mind
Thanks I'm grateful
Regards .... Smiley Wink
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 4 of 6
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

yea you should do fine i'm going through something like this except mine is much worst than yours... Me and my sister have the same father different mothers but our father never signed either of our birth certificate so now i'm pretty much stuck only way i can join is to move with my sister... which its like they dont even care ..... how can we prove this its way to difficult...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 5 of 6
NY2014
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone appreciate the update very much appreciate the feedback and very sorry about the situation and predicament your In.sometimes things can work themselves out as long you keep the up and up. I'm trying to rebuild my credit after and stress and frustrations with Identity theft, collections, credit agencies,ect really give you the stick when you try to gain or fight back. They push so you have to push harder.ive learned here from this forum plenty for the past 2 months.my credit is nearly like a new born toddler with his first teething ."Painful' it's not the credit that's most important ! It's the dignity, respect, almost helpless these days.feeling your identity and 6 other people are passing it down.until there no more Mileage left.these forum encourage me to fight back with people in the same situation.as I because honestly I never thought to be here spending useless to guard what's left my good name and credit.
So if you feel it's right and you and sister both out your heads together and work it out. FAMILY DO STAY TOGETHER IN NEED.
I wish my sister mention she was a member that long Lol
Good luck and thank again
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.