Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question on CITI and Home Depot

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A question on CITI and Home Depot

You are as bad as I am.  "I want what I want when I want it"!  Too funny! Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so I couldn't stand it.  I called the Home Depot number and asked to check on the status of my application.  After verifying a bunch of my information, the CSR said "Unfortunately..."  and at that point my brain started to go blank.  I was sure she was saying I was declined.  But my brain clued back in when she finished with "...but we're unable to give you the decision at this time.  You should be notified in writing within 7-10 days about our decision."

Holy moly....  I must be right on the edge of it....  So some person (hopefully nice) is out there checking my record out.  I'd be willing to bet the thought process is going something like this: 

"hmmm.... ok, good scores....  low utilization.... no baddies... EXCEPT, darnit! BK.... okay but wait.... it's been almost 7 years....

hmmm.... good income.... good time on the job.... but darnit!  that BK!!"

(waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle)

Yep.  I bet that's how it's going.  I'd feel sympathy for them, but it's PAINFUL waiting to hear back.

Message Edited by BoysMumx2 on 03-03-2008 12:42 PM

Message Edited by BoysMumx2 on 03-03-2008 12:43 PM

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it's time for a long soaking bubble bath(if baby will let you) Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Ooooh, that sounds good.  Actually some lunch is in my near future.  Baby is at gramma's with his older brother.... leaving mummy here to stew about spring planting, credit repair and the laundry pile.  Smiley Happy

Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep us posted I want a Home Depot card too but worried BK will  keep me from getting it Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
keep us posted I want a Home Depot card too but worried BK will  keep me from getting it Smiley Sad

Absolutely! The information that I've found on these threads have done amazing things for me and my score (up by 49 points on TU alone!).... I promise to share the news. And so you know - I took a chance on Home Depot and BofA. I'll post the results when I finally hear. (I'll probably be checking daily.... I'm not good with the whole "patience" thing...)

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi issues for the depot and I dont think they are bk friendly...

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a HD card with a four year old BK.  I am an employee though so I don not know it that figured in.
Message 18 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved for a HD card with a four year old BK.  I am an employee though so I don not know it that figured in.

Thanks for that feedback! I've seen other postings, both here and on the CreditBoards forum about people being approved for the HD store card. That's all I want. I don't want or need the HD credit card. Being an employee may have helped, so we'll have to keep that in mind.

I don't know. I keep thinking that the fact it's going through a review has to mean they want to approve me but the BK is causing them fits. I'll keep updating as I find out.

And for the record - I've checked my bofa app status 4 times today. I imagine I'm driving their system crazy! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

employee also DENIED
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.