Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

A side from Chase....

Not counting Chase because I know people like the Chase combo with the sapphire preferred and unlimited cash back card what are the best card combos to have to be able to maximize on their purchases?

Right now I only have the Discover it I use as my main card still within the first year match the marvel card and the capital one quicksilver 1.5%.

Store cards I just have a j crew and a nordstrom rack everything else I got rid of because I didn't want to have a bunch of cards I don't use.

I was looking into getting the double cash once the discover it match year comes due but I wanted to reach out to see how myfico folks play the game Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Re: A side from Chase....

Chase is the 1 2 punch for UR's.  Amex you can utilize ED, EDP and PRG to generate MR points.  DC is a good pick up when DCVR double runs out.

Amex PRG =Amex ED 25k = Amex Delta 2k = Amex BCP 5k = Arrival 7k = BOA 321 25k = BOA BBR 5k = CSR 20k = Freedom 10k = Marriott 5k =Ritz 5k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 11k = CAP1 QS 15k = TR Visa 8.5k = NFCU 24k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 10k = Wells Plat. 5k = US Bank Cash+ 11k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

JustBPatient wrote:

Chase is the 1 2 punch for UR's.  Amex you can utilize ED, EDP and PRG to generate MR points.  DC is a good pick up when DCVR double runs out.

EDP and Platinum make a decent Amex combination. I think EDP and PRG overlap a bit too much; better to pay more and get serious perks with Platinum. I used to have both, but downgraded my EDP to an ED since I found myself too focused on my transaction count.

Instead of apping for a DC, maybe pick up a card with a nice travel bonus and PC to DoubleCash after the first year.

CarefulBuilder14 had some trouble resetting his password.
Dabbling in SPG wizardry.
New Contributor

Thats what I was thinking but I have once or twice been hit with visa or MC only at certain places and I'm always nervous walking around with just discover, if they don't accept it I'm SOL.  I am in the 5/24 so I am kind of locked out from Chase right now. 

Valued Contributor

I really like the EDP and Platinum suggestion but make sure you're ok with the 550 AF
My Cards:
American Express PRG-American Express BCE-Chase United Mileage Explorer-Chase Amazon
Established Contributor

12velectronics wrote:
I really like the EDP and Platinum suggestion but make sure you're ok with the 550 AF

Don't forget the EDP fee...so it would be $95+$450=$545 or $95+$550=$645.

CarefulBuilder14 had some trouble resetting his password.
Dabbling in SPG wizardry.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Freedom, CSR, BCP, It, and NFCU CashRewards are my drivers. Freedom or Discover for gas right now because of 5%, BCP for 6% groceries, Discover for 5% BJ's wholesale right now, Cash+ for 5% cell phone, CSR for dining out and any travel purchases. Cash Rewards for 1.5% everywhere else. So psyched for 5% drugstore purchases next quarter with the Freedom and Discover with 5% for home improvement (get to buy my gardening supplies!).

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Depends on what you're looking for and how many cards you're willing to combine. For me, this is what works best:

- Discover for whatever 5% category they have if it's useful plus Discover deals.
- Chase Amazon for 5% on Amazon with prime.
- Costco Citi Visa for gas (4%) and dining (3%).
- Bank of America Cash rewards for Costco warehouse (2.2% including checking redemption bonus)
- Citi Double Cash or Capital One Quicksilver for the rest.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.