Frequent Contributor
_jb_

Re: A very disturbing conversation with Cap1 Account Manager...

squeezycheeze69 wrote:

Sorry for the delay, let me elaborate...

Yes, it is her oldest card, & thus it will be with her forever.

It isn't that we need more than $7500, it's the fact that every other creditor on the planet gives us better.  & the rewards suck, but they won't let us change he program

to a new CC.

Basically, they fight us tooth & nail on everything we have ever assked for, so I am kinda on a mission.

It's not so much playing the "credit game", it's a personal vendetta against this **bleep** company to finally admit they are wrong.

What does her/yalls income look like? It may be that yeah you have other cards with $20k+ limits, but if your combined income is less than your total amount of available credit, Capital One has decided that they are not willing to extend any more credit for fear that you may over extend yourselves. I'm not saying this is the case, just an example.

I have been through the Capital One deal (oldest card, $1500 limit for 6-7 years, finally got a massive CLI through the EO), so I understand your frustration. Keep in mind though that no one is entitled to any amount of credit with any company, and they are not wrong for not extending more credit.

Starting Scores: myFICO EX: ???, myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EX: 699, myFICO EQ: 700, myFICO TU: 699
My Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover It, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/19/13
Frequent Contributor
JaeJae12

I never liked Cap1 at all, when I was Credit less I tried I get a secure card from hem, went to the branch at NYC and I was completely ignore.. No help or what ever wasted 30mins of waiting.. The workers there only chatted to themselves.. Maybe that's why I don't really see actually anyone going into cap1 branch

BCE- 30000 -BOA 123 14400 -Freedom- 28789- Citi Forward- 19900 -Citi DC- 23800-CSP 22.5k
Garden mode 3/25/14

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

squeezycheeze69 wrote:

Sorry for the delay, let me elaborate...

Yes, it is her oldest card, & thus it will be with her forever.

It isn't that we need more than $7500, it's the fact that every other creditor on the planet gives us better.  & the rewards suck, but they won't let us change he program

to a new CC.

Basically, they fight us tooth & nail on everything we have ever assked for, so I am kinda on a mission.

It's not so much playing the "credit game", it's a personal vendetta against this **bleep** company to finally admit they are wrong.

Any updates? Good luck!

Revelate

Squeezy: this is actually not uncommon and it's not limited to Cap One. I know it's typically done by what product you have now, but other lenders have done so as well.

Chase was notorious for this on their default Freedom cards that they converted WAMU and most other acquired credit cards into. It's possible they've had over a hundred different versions and depending which one you got, dictated your product maximums and PC-ability (sometimes none) nearly a decade later in the WAMU example.

Lenders design some limitations into their products; it doesn't make much sense to us as the consumer, but it's reality.

An "anchor" card at $7500 is nothing to sneeze at. I know plenty of people who have similar with a 300-400 credit line.

If the EO helps, fantastic; however, if they don't, just let it go. It's seriously not hurting your wife's credit at all.
Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
rob3gd

Can someone please PM me the EO address, thanks.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

rob3gd wrote:

Can someone please PM me the EO address, thanks.

Sent 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Revelate wrote:
Squeezy: this is actually not uncommon and it's not limited to Cap One. I know it's typically done by what product you have now, but other lenders have done so as well.

Chase was notorious for this on their default Freedom cards that they converted WAMU and most other acquired credit cards into. It's possible they've had over a hundred different versions and depending which one you got, dictated your product maximums and PC-ability (sometimes none) nearly a decade later in the WAMU example.

Lenders design some limitations into their products; it doesn't make much sense to us as the consumer, but it's reality.

An "anchor" card at $7500 is nothing to sneeze at. I know plenty of people who have similar with a 300-400 credit line.

If the EO helps, fantastic; however, if they don't, just let it go. It's seriously not hurting your wife's credit at all.

+1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}