Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA Advantage CLI question

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

AA Advantage CLI question

Any have the AA Advantage card for less than a year requested a CLI and was approved? I was told I needed to wait at least a year to request it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AA Advantage CLI question

Do you mean the Citi AAdvantage card? I ask because Barclay's also has an AAdvantage card, so didn't want to confuse the two.

My Citi AAdvantage card is only a month old, but I was able to get a CLI on my Double Cash after 9-10 months, so I have never heard of the one year rule that you mention. It may just be an uninformed CS rep who told you that.

Keep checking periodically under "credit limit increase" to see if you have a soft pull CLI available. Citi usually makes a CLI possible only once every 6 months. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Also, this was posted in the approvals section (wrong section), so mods will probably move to Credit Card section.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a CLI on the card 6 months after being approved.

Message 3 of 9
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks,

Message 4 of 9
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks, it's the Citi AA

Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a CLI on the card 6 months after being approved.

I already have the DC and was recently approved for this same card.

Linked both accounts together so a request in 6 months is the usual Citi schedule i think.

Definitely is for the DC.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
Any have the AA Advantage card for less than a year requested a CLI and was approved? I was told I needed to wait at least a year to request it.

I have the Citi AAdvantage card and I requested a CLI at the 7 months mark and it was granted.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:

You can ask for a CLI as soon as you receive the card.  I did that and received a $9,500 CLI.  It will be a HP or you can wait 6 months and see if the SP CLI request option appears for your account.

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

6 months maybe but I haven't heard of having to wait a year.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.