Re: AA Advantage Mastercard Bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

I guess I'm just searching for assurance that this isn't a "too good to be true" offer.  50K miles is enough for a saver roundtrip flight to Europe, which is something I have been looking into.  I just want to make sure that the redemption values don't change too much before I am able to book.

Oh no, it's not.  For awhile they were offering 100k miles on Citi Executive AAdvantage and you could easily churn them.  Over the last 12 months I managed to get nearly 500k AAdvantage miles.  They still have good redemption value on partner flights.  It is highly possible they will devalue partner awards in 2015 though, but the 50k offer is still good.

I thought Citi was tough on churn..

Personal AAdvantage is once every 18 months (24 to be safe).  Business AAdvantage is as soon as every 90 days.  Executive AAdvantage only adheres to Citi app rules.

How much spend though.

As much as you're willing to put in for AAdvantage miles.  To your first question, yes they can be tough to churn if you don't know Citi's rules.  But if you understand how Citi wants to play, it pays.  To the question on spend:

Personal:  25-50k miles with minimum spend varying from $750-$3k

Business:  50k miles with $3k spend

Executive:  50k miles with $5k spend (previous offer was 100k miles with $10k spend)

Sounds like a decent exchange...Not so keen on the $10K for 100k unless they give you at least 6 months to do so. It's certainly possible but it's a PITA to track 5 figures worth of spend.

Yeah I did 3 of those $10k deals and it is a lot to track.  I called and they tell you how much you've put through and when to do it by though.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

I guess I'm just searching for assurance that this isn't a "too good to be true" offer.  50K miles is enough for a saver roundtrip flight to Europe, which is something I have been looking into.  I just want to make sure that the redemption values don't change too much before I am able to book.

Oh no, it's not.  For awhile they were offering 100k miles on Citi Executive AAdvantage and you could easily churn them.  Over the last 12 months I managed to get nearly 500k AAdvantage miles.  They still have good redemption value on partner flights.  It is highly possible they will devalue partner awards in 2015 though, but the 50k offer is still good.

Personal AAdvantage is once every 18 months (24 to be safe).  Business AAdvantage is as soon as every 90 days.  Executive AAdvantage only adheres to Citi app rules.

How much spend though.

As much as you're willing to put in for AAdvantage miles.  To your first question, yes they can be tough to churn if you don't know Citi's rules.  But if you understand how Citi wants to play, it pays.  To the question on spend:

Executive:  50k miles with $5k spend (previous offer was 100k miles with $10k spend)

Sounds like a decent exchange...Not so keen on the $10K for 100k unless they give you at least 6 months to do so. It's certainly possible but it's a PITA to track 5 figures worth of spend.

Yeah I did 3 of those $10k deals and it is a lot to track.  I called and they tell you how much you've put through and when to do it by though.

What CRA do they pull for the Executive/Business?

Message 12 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

How much spend though.

Citi has always pulled EX for me.  They pull other CR for some people, but whatever they historically pull for your apps will 99% be the same for others (including business).

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

How much spend though.

Citi has always pulled EX for me.  They pull other CR for some people, but whatever they historically pull for your apps will 99% be the same for others (including business).

Can't do EX for a while, too many INQ's Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Seems like we all have double digit pulls on experian lol .I am wondering if I should even try for bbr or citi as with all my HP 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

How much spend though.

Can't do EX for a while, too many INQ's Smiley Sad

Is that who they pull in your area?  They pull EQ for some people.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

Seems like we all have double digit pulls on experian lol .I am wondering if I should even try for bbr or citi as with all my HP 

Well yeah...EX Pulls are like those little prickly things that stick to your shoes/socks when you walk/run through a field.

Message 17 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am debating picking up us airways first then get citi aa later since they will eventually merge

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am debating picking up us airways first then get citi aa later since they will eventually merge

Get the US Airways first and get that first purchase out of the way, lol.

Message 19 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Get the US Airways first and get that first purchase out of the way, lol.

Not going to get anything this year probably , don't want to scare creditor with all the new cards I got lol I want to meet min spend on EDP and ink plus before i get any new cards lol 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.