Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA Question

tag
ArCpa
Contributor

AAOA Question

My aaoa is 6.4 yrs for all 3 bureaus. I just added another Amex card and it was backdated , so I gained 11 yrs. When it updates , what would my new aaoa be.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAOA Question

I don't believe that would be possible for anyone to tell you that answer. You'd have to list all of your account's ages in order to get that figure.
Message 2 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

+1.  But, juding by the number of credit cards in your signature and adding a few installment accounts, auto loans, etc, I am guessing you have at least 30+ accounts on your credit report.... in which case your AAoA has not changed at all by FICO standards... it is still 6 years.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 6
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
I don't believe that would be possible for anyone to tell you that answer. You'd have to list all of your account's ages in order to get that figure.

To get technical, since it's an average, you would just need the number of accounts including the new one, x.

AAoA = (6.4*(x-1)+11)/x

If x = 31, then AAoA = 6.55

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 4 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

My aaoa is 6.4 yrs for all 3 bureaus. I just added another Amex card and it was backdated , so I gained 11 yrs. When it updates , what would my new aaoa be.

AAoA Calculator

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

FICO rounds AAoA down to the nearest whole number.  OP was at 6 years previously.  If OP previously had less than 7 accounts on his credit report, AAoA would now have increased to 7 years.  But that is probably not the case.

As mentioned above in my first reply, if all of the included signature credit lines are valid, AAoA would remain at 6 years.  It would also remain at 6 years if the account had not received backdating at all.

People make much too big a deal about Amex backdating.  Its a small perk.

The number of accounts and their ages are needed to be absolutely sure.  OP, where did the 6.4 years come from?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.