Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA...quite an interesting story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAOA...quite an interesting story

First, I want to tell you that I worked for Providian for 10 years and there are so many bugs in systems software that there are plenty of workarounds if you are smart or especially if you have a friend in high places.  Having said that, I wrecked my credit in the late 80s.  Lost my AMEX green card and later all of my Capitol One cards.  Now Capital One won't even talk to me so obviously there databases backdate to when they opened as a company.  But AMEX, not only recently GAVE me a NEW card (3 mos. ago), then doubled my CL (this week),  but then  show my card on the bureaus as being open since 1987.  So obviously (at least in my opinion) they need some software systems maintenance work done (unless they want it this way - who am I to judge), but I find the whole progression of my relationship to AMEX, then C1 quite interesting.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAOA...quite an interesting story

This isnt really a new thing with Amex. Once back in they will backdate new cards even when the individual had a previous negative history with them Smiley Happy Congrats on the 87 MSD
Message 2 of 3
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: AAOA...quite an interesting story

@Anonymous wrote:
This isnt really a new thing with Amex. Once back in they will backdate new cards even when the individual had a previous negative history with them Smiley Happy Congrats on the 87 MSD

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.