Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage AMEX Offer

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

AAdvantage AMEX Offer

I have received several offers from Citibank in the mail within the past few months for an AAdvantage AMEX card. The first time I saw the offer I wanted to apply but I was in escrow so obviously I couldn't apply. Now I've been in my home about two months and I'm interested in applying. I'm currently a Citi customer with the AAdvantage MC and a Citi checking/savings account, as well as a mortgage. I've been with Citi for a year so I'm not a long time customer but I am a very faithful one. I have pretty good credit and haven't applied for any new credit (minus utilities) since I applied for my mortgage a few months ago. What are the odds of me being approved for this card? I would like to think that they're pretty high but I'm going to pay down my CCs first to pretty much zero before applying just to be sure...

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: AAdvantage AMEX Offer

I think your chances are pretty excellent! I started getting offers when I started working on my credit. My scores are significantly lower than yours, I have baddies still on my report, and I wasn't previously a customer and i was approved with a great CL! Now that I've been using the card, they have been sending more pre approvals! Go for it....I would pay down balances, though!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

You should be fine. Your FICOs are great, and Citi does take into account your relationship with them when applying, so you should likely be approved with a nice limit.

I have 8 cards with them, and they haven't blinked yet... I do have a very strong deposit/investment relationship with them, but at the same time, given your scores, etc, you shouldn't have a problem.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I hope that I'm approved quickly. For the second card, does Citi make you still wait 7-10+ days?

Message 4 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

They never made me wait. All of mine were instantly approved.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 5 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I tried to ask some basic questions over the phone but the lady was clearly overseas and did not understand what I was asking. I was told that I would have to wait 7-10 days for an answer...which was kind of unsettling considering I am already a customer. I guess my credit isn't as good as yours JMN. :/

Message 6 of 8
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Which offer did they send you?

All the ones I keep getting have high spend requirements, and I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred, so I don't want to be spending all this money at once lol.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 7 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Good news, I was approved! I did an app over the phone but it didn't "go through". After being upset, I decided to try online and I was instantly approved! My card should be coming in the mail within the next week or so. Now I'm going into hardcore gardening mode...after I buy some furniture. Smiley Happy

For my card, I have to spend $500 within the first four months and then I get a 20K mile bonus.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.