Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage Aviator Chip + Pin

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAdvantage Aviator Chip + Pin

i just received my new aviator red ( i ordered replacement online) and while activating it it asked me to set up a pin for use in foreign country , it is only available for use once you used a manned terminal like a restaurant and after that your pin becomes activated and you can used in self terminals like metro station or petrol pump Smiley Happy i wish i knew how to upload pics i would show you guys the new card 😭

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Aviator Chip + Pin

It is chip and signatire with PIN capabilities, meaning it will default to signature and if signature isn't available it will go to PIN. So it's very convenient but still not chip & PIN some people want. The red cards looks nice, the raised texture especially. It's World MC right? I'm curious to see an actual pic of the Silver card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is world mc just like the us air one was 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i just received my new aviator red ( i ordered replacement online) and while activating it it asked me to set up a pin for use in foreign country , it is only available for use once you used a manned terminal like a restaurant and after that your pin becomes activated and you can used in self terminals like metro station or petrol pump Smiley Happy i wish i knew how to upload pics i would show you guys the new card 😭

My replacement card came in the mail today- Aviator Red World MC, it came with a chip and signature. Nothing about a PIN.

Message 4 of 5
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

Where can you activate the pin? 

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.