Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage world elite application

tag
Nebuphex
New Visitor

AAdvantage world elite application

Hello, I was looking to apply to this card but I see different offers from different sites, i.e these two

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/detail.do?ID=citi-executive-aadvantage-world-e...

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-executive.jsp?anchorLocati...

and I believe I've seen a couple more. My question is, does it matter from which website you apply to get the rewards? Or is it all the same? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage world elite application

It absolutly matters, where you sign up determins what sign up bonus you will get. The two you have listed isn't even the best offer! There is a 100k and $200 credit one that DW and I just signed up for. 

Message 2 of 6
Nebuphex
New Visitor

Do you think the credit score requirements vary from offer to offer?

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Nebuphex wrote:

Do you think the credit score requirements vary from offer to offer?

No.  The UW requirements would be the same

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you need to google "Citi AA 100k offer".  As other have said it absolutely matters because whichever landing you apply from, if approved that is your bonus.  Once in awhile Citi will honor a better offer, but do not count on it.  Look for that 100k offer, plus it gives you $200 statement credit.  The Priority AAccess alone is worth the AF - you bypass the snail line at TSA and of course Admirals Club access.

This card also seems to have a fairly high approval rate.  Just remember the Citi rules:  No more than 6 inq on EX (or whoever they pull in your area) in the last 6 months.  No more than 1 app of any kind (approval or denial) every 8 days or 2 every 65 (to be safe).

Message 5 of 6
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Just remember that each offer also has a unique minimum spend. Some people may not be able to meet the minimum for the higher bonus miles. In that case, the 60k or 75k offers may make more sense. I know that 10k in 3 months isn't much to the target audience for this card, but a lot of people beyond the ones AA was trying to attract have applied and then used huge amounts of MS to hit the minimum.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.