Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Question

tag
lanc
Regular Contributor

AAoA Question

Do line of credit accounts affect AAoA?  It looks like Transunion notes the difference as Line of Credit Account instead of Revolving but Experian report doesn't note any difference between the two.  Maybe different CRAs treat them differently?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AAoA Question

@lanc wrote:

Do line of credit accounts affect AAoA?  It looks like Transunion notes the difference as Line of Credit Account instead of Revolving but Experian report doesn't note any difference between the two.  Maybe different CRAs treat them differently?

Yes, AAoA includes all your open accounts, except for collections and judgements.

Usually LOCs are classified as revolving and factor into your revolving utilization, although at some point when they exceed $25K or maybe $30K they no longer factored into revolving utilization, however they will always count in your AAoA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Yes, AAoA includes all your open accounts, except for collections and judgements.

AAoA includes all of your open AND CLOSED accounts.

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thank you for clarifying that !   I haven't been to starbucks yet today.....  Smiley Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
lanc
Regular Contributor

I read on another forum that they can do either a code 12 or code 14 to run the AAoA by all or just revolvers.  I'm not sure if thats true but definately would make sense they would have the ability to do it if they wanted to....at least amex and there crazy metrics

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.