tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AAoA Question...

Just my 2 cents but ask for fee to be waived 1st

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 17
knoregs
Established Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Thought about it and I think I'm gonna go ahead axe Cap One, take the immediate hit, but I'll let my new cards age and I don't plan on opening any new accounts for a while. I don't want to pay not one more cent of an AF to them.

There won't be a hit for closing the CAP1... at least no for 10 years, give/take.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 12 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Just my 2 cents but ask for fee to be waived 1st

+1...give it another try to see if you can get the AF waived...then SD it Smiley Happy or you can just close it altogether like you're planning

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 17
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to call them today and see if I can ge the AF waived. If so, then they'll get a reprieve for at least another year....LOL

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 16 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@knoregs wrote:

There won't be a hit for closing the CAP1... at least no for 10 years, give/take.

^ This.  The immediate hit is to utlization but there probably won't be much of a hit if the CL is $500.  OP can calculate the effect on utilization.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.