Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA after App Spree

tag
chasing8s
Valued Member

AAoA after App Spree

How long does it normally take for new CCs to report to the bureaus?  I recently app'd for 5 new cards this month and now I want to brace for the aftermath Smiley Mad

February Apps:

Well Fargo Visa Signature 10k

Costco TE 10k  (on Amex website it shows "member since 1992") hope this gets reported asap

Amex Blue Sky 9.9k (on Amex website it shows "member since 1992") hope this gets reported asap

Nordstrom Visa Signature - 7-10 day pending notice

Nieman Marcus store card - 2.5k

I have 2 existing cards (total CL of 3.5k for those two) that were opened around 2001, an installment loan opened around 2003, a car loan opened in 2009, mortgage and of course student loans.

I also have other closed CC accounts (maybe 3) reporting from late 90s early 2000.

My scores are in the lower 700s so I'm freaking out now (esp about EQ) because I have read some AAoA posts that say ppl took 40 point hits!! Smiley Surprised

I'm stoked about the new CLs and was hoping that would give me a boost.   But after reading the AAoA posts

• want help calculating how the AAoA *might* impact my scores.  I know its a YMMV but any pointers or similar experiences are appreciated.
  • want to know if  ALL accounts used in calculating AAoA
  • if there is any AAoA / Credit Utilization offsetting in my profile that may work in my favor?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AAoA after App Spree

Well the 2 amexs should help you out, and yes afaik all accounts are used to calculate aaoa. Sorry i cant help with the score part. Not my forte. XD
Message 2 of 5
chasing8s
Valued Member

@jsucool76 wrote:
Well the 2 amexs should help you out, and yes afaik all accounts are used to calculate aaoa. Sorry i cant help with the score part. Not my forte. XD

Thanks jsucool76.  It's such a tricky mix - smh!  I was feeling good until I started rsearching the AAoA.  So I guess I'll have to wait and see.  Wondering when they'll start reporting so I can check...maybe I will just sign up for the score watch alerts so I won't have a heart attack if I just waited to check in a few weeks lol.

Gardening for sure now!!

Message 3 of 5
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@chasing8s wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Thanks jsucool76.  It's such a tricky mix - smh!  I was feeling good until I started rsearching the AAoA.  So I guess I'll have to wait and see.  Wondering when they'll start reporting so I can check...maybe I will just sign up for the score watch alerts so I won't have a heart attack if I just waited to check in a few weeks lol.

Gardening for sure now!!

Yep, set score watch alerts.
My experience has been that the new accounts start hitting your report after about 9 weeks from approval. When your score changes, adjust it accordingly.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 4 of 5
racer-x
Valued Contributor

My app spree in December, netted me about $50K + in new credt cards and a new $8200 auto loan.  My EQ was 745 at the time, now sitting at 706.  AAoA and INQ (9) was the killer I believe.  I'm at less than a year now, 9 mos. or so. 

However, TU and EX went up.  Walmart TU up 22 pts to 674, EX (experian direct/credit sesame/quizzle) have all gone up about 30 pts, 705-723.  I know they're FAKO scores, but still.  It shows an upward trend if nothing else.

INQ's - TU 2, EX 1.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.