Reply
Regular Contributor
GoldenloveNY
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎02-29-2012

AAoA and Credit Applications

Does your AAoA or Average Age of Open Accounts factor in into your approval or denial when applying for a credit card? Creditkarma is saying my Average Age of Open Account is 3 months. I have 1 secured card for nine months. Last month I app'd for AMEX ZYNC and Discover Student and both instantly approved. Two New Student Loans have been added to my credit reports as of yesterday. I was planning on applying for Citi Forward come December. My average age of open account will be five months. Will that affect my citi forward application? Only my EQ report has a closed student loan dated from 2008.

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: AAoA and Credit Applications

[ Edited ]

yes it affects your AAOA and AAOA has a direct impact on your credit score (15%) but on the good news it won't matter much to you since Fico automatically factors in 1 year minimum of history. Apping for 2 cards previously would have a harder hit on your approval chances.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
GoldenloveNY
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎02-29-2012

Re: AAoA and Credit Applications

Thank-you!

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 2,836
Registered: ‎10-19-2012

Re: AAoA and Credit Applications


distantarray wrote:

yes it affects your AAOA and AAOA has a direct impact on your credit score (15%) but on the good news it won't matter much to you since Fico automatically factors in 1 year minimum of history. Apping for 2 cards previously would have a harder hit on your approval chances.


Do you mean FICO rounds up any AAoA smaller than 1 year? 

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: AAoA and Credit Applications

[ Edited ]

HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

yes it affects your AAOA and AAOA has a direct impact on your credit score (15%) but on the good news it won't matter much to you since Fico automatically factors in 1 year minimum of history. Apping for 2 cards previously would have a harder hit on your approval chances.


Do you mean FICO rounds up any AAoA smaller than 1 year? 


your AAOA if less than 1 year overall will report 1 year, doesn't factor each as 1 year. Just over all.  So if you have 5 cards with AAOA of 9 months it'll still count as 1 year.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 2,836
Registered: ‎10-19-2012

Re: AAoA and Credit Applications


distantarray wrote:

HiLine wrote:

distantarray wrote:

yes it affects your AAOA and AAOA has a direct impact on your credit score (15%) but on the good news it won't matter much to you since Fico automatically factors in 1 year minimum of history. Apping for 2 cards previously would have a harder hit on your approval chances.


Do you mean FICO rounds up any AAoA smaller than 1 year? 


your AAOA if less than 1 year overall will report 1 year, doesn't factor each as 1 year. Just over all.  So if you have 5 cards with AAOA of 9 months it'll still count as 1 year.


By AAoA (Average Age of Accounts), I implied the overall average age. Thanks for the confirmation! 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+