Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA, credit score. freedom

tag
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

AAoA, credit score. freedom

AAoA 1.75 years or so,
Credit score is in the sigs. 742 and 739 eq hasn't updated yet and I havent pulled it.

What are my chances of getting this card?
Any Amex cards that I might qualify for?

4 inqs on trans union
0 on exp
No idea about eq

Inquiries are all very recent. One for a car loan that I declined to get.
Discover, mortgage loan prequalify pull didn't want that. Psecu for the last one I believe.

2 new accounts opened last month.

Psecu 2k limit
Discover 500 limit ( lol )
Secured card of 1.2 years 200 limit
Closed card in good standing never late.

5 student loans fom 2010 never late in good standing.
$65 monthly due.
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Re: AAoA, credit score. freedom

I wont apply for a new card till probably mid june or july my aaoa might be 2 years by then but discover still hasnt shown up. Regardless of that with my current credit picture. Do I have a chance? And the last inquiry isnt from psecu, it's from chase I applied for the freedom card but they couldn't generate a credit score due to name change now that everything is reporting under my new name I figured I'd try again. Apparently discover and psecu didn't mind that I had no report at the time. (Thank god.)

Message 2 of 20
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's borderline.  Chase likes 12 months of revolving history.  With the only thing you have is a very low limit secured card I'm not sure how'll they react to that.  Two new accounts in the last month doesn't help either.  Another member here was denied recently for having new accounts as well. 

Message 3 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

If that secured isn't reporting as secured, there would be no way for Chase to tell it is a secured card.

Second, I don't know where everyone gets that 12 months revolving credit thing for them, there have been DOZENS of approvals stated on this site in the last 6 months with less than a year of revolving history as long as there is additional support. Including: longer AAoA from installment loans, no baddies, high income, etc.

I think it has gotten to a mythical proportion, but the truth is that Freedom has become very attainable for many folks. In fact, for Pineapple's sake - I just saw someone with a lower AAoA, and similar revolving history (also with no baddies) get approved for a $5,000 limit on theFreedom card. Income was somewhere over $50k, so that likely helped. They didn't even have to call recon, which has been a great experience for so many people.

YMMV, but your profile appears to support future prime applications. Just be sure to take it slowly, the INQs will start catching up with you.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would say borderline as well. Not enough revolving history. I'd wait at least 6 months then go for It!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

How long was the closed credit card open? Is the secured card reporting to the bureaus as secured or unsecured?

Let's get the full picture here and we can probably give better advice.

Just for the record, I was approved for Freedom with six months revolving history.

This poster had 10 months:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/I-m-in-with-Chase/m-p/2044601/highlight/true#M567487

This poster had no prior credit cards:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chances-for-Chase-Freedom-with-only-student-loan-histor...

It's a very YMMV situation, but Based on my experience and what others have posted, 12 months does not appear to be an absolute rule. This poster (and many others starting out their credit journey) can afford to waste an HP on a denial, so I would rather not discourage them for trying a good card.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This is true snacktrader but wouldnt you want to app at the best possible time to maximize your CL from them?? IMO apping now will produce a toy limit.

Just my opinion....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 20
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Ill hold off on the app. The closed card is 6 months old.

The secured card does not appear as a secured card.
Thanks for all the advice guys. A year ago I couldn't get a card. So, I'm okay with waiting. 6 months? Or just do it after closing on the house? I still haven't applied to nfcu through my wife. Between the two financial institutions which would you go with if you were in my shoes?

Message 8 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

When are you looking to buy the house??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 20
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

June

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.