Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: AAoA

did something just report yesterday? kinda strange for AAoA/History length to change at the end of the month as opposed to the beginning of the next month.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 11 of 17
HankNY
Valued Member

My amex gor backdated to 96 and that got reported yesterday.

Message 12 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

When my AAoA dropped from 6 to 5, I saw no change.  When dropped from 5 to 4, I saw a 1 point drop on EQ.  I have heard of other people getting different results, but it must dependant on other things in your credit file.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 17
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Crashem

My score just updated today, jumped 14 points Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Very nice jump.  Well done!

Message 15 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Crashem

My score just updated today, jumped 14 points Smiley Happy

haahaa.  Nice.  Just like I thought.  Not sure why it works this way as it violates the snapshot principle of credit scores.  My only guess it is from some kind of lag from rebucketing.  In any case, significantly higher aaoa helps you even more in that in that it allows you score to get even higher.  However, the opposite is true too as you are compared against higher grade of consumers also.  For example, I had an erroneous collection account show up one month.  Basically the account was like 6 years old but reported that month.  Dropped my eq score over 100 points.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 17
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I guess you can't have any pros without having any cons lol.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.