Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

AAoA

How should you space out your application sprees with regards minimizing the affect on the AAoA? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA

Depends whats your current aaoa...also depends how thick ur file is...more info needed Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
Depends whats your current aaoa...also depends how thick ur file is...more info needed Smiley Happy

0yrs 6months

EX-6 inq  EQ-4 inq  TU-6 inq

I've collected most of the cards I'd ever want in my first year. I see myself later on getting a couple more Citi and Chase cards...maybe an Amex and then I'd be done. Wondering how I should space it out.

Message 3 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I would definitely wait at least a year to a year and a half...how old is ur oldest account? And the newest?

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Most folks like to app all at once or relatively close to each other so that the new accounts age together...however some banks are more sensitive to the number of inqs and new accounts opened in a short period of time. I would wait at least 6 months preferably a year to let the inqs drop off and raise your aaoa...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
I would definitely wait at least a year to a year and a half...how old is ur oldest account? And the newest?

Oldest- Fingerhut 1/13

Newest- Chase Amazon 9/2/13

A yr and a half? Wondering if I can go the full 2 yrs and have my inquiries fall off before applying for anything new? This is so hard. I have that itch to apply now. LOL

Thanks for the answer Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Fico only counts inqs the past 12 months Smiley Happy if you can wait anothe 6 months or so i think ull be fine apping Smiley Happy this will bring your aaoa at least one year Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.