Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA?

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

AAoA?

Not sure how long it takes AmEx to report and the implications but, I will have approximately 24 accts reporting, mortgage, auto & 9-10 revolvers(7 new), faifly clean CRs with half dozen scattered lates. Current AAoA is 6.3, oldest 15 yrs.

Surprisingly, 2 new AmEx accts have an MSD of 1984, I'm honestly not sure how much of an impact this will have.

Any ideas from the experts?

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA?

There are online AAoA calculators that will allow you input account information so that you can calculate exactly what effect they will have.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Not sure how long it takes AmEx to report and the implications but, I will have approximately 24 accts reporting, mortgage, auto & 9-10 revolvers(7 new), faifly clean CRs with half dozen scattered lates. Current AAoA is 6.3, oldest 15 yrs.

Surprisingly, 2 new AmEx accts have an MSD of 1984, I'm honestly not sure how much of an impact this will have.

Any ideas from the experts?

Your new AAoA will be 8.12

Message 3 of 13
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

8.12? Hmmm, doesn't seem like much of a change at all Not sure why this is supposed to be such a big deal but, sure beats a sharp stick in the eye

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

8.12? Hmmm, doesn't seem like much of a change at all Not sure why this is supposed to be such a big deal but, sure beats a sharp stick in the eye

It can be a big deal if you don't have a lot of accounts.  Doesn't change much for you because you already had 24 accounts.

Message 5 of 13
newhis
Valued Contributor

Almost 30% increase doesn't seem like much? And if you add another Amex you'll be closer to 9.

Message 6 of 13
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Now have 2 AmEx revolvers and don't want to push my luck. 7 new CCs with CL >$12K. Will give everything time to post and see how the cards fall. Anyone know when AmEx reports?

Interestingly, CCMP shows my revolving CL has jumped $3K and my Eq in turn increased 23 pts but, shows no new accts???

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebucketing probably.
Message 8 of 13
Rhino71
Valued Member

really quick, what does AAoA means. I have read alot about it but i just don't know what it means.

Message 9 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Average age of accounts

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.