Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ADDING AU?

If I add my husband to my Cap one card (have had since 2005, no lates) as an AU, will it show the length of time he has been an AU?  Or would that not matter.....

My understanding is that we want to work on paying down balances, but length of credit wth a TL is important too.  Is that right?

So although opening new accounts, such as cards, to establish or re-establish credit is good, too many shows you have a short history with them......

Please let me know if I am missing something, because I don't want to add hubby as an AU if it won't eventually help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ADDING AU?

No, it will not show how long he's been an AU. The history will show on his report exactly as it shows on yours.I believe a notation saying AU may be there.

And yes, age of accounts is very important to your score and when applying for other credit.

Balances and utilization can quickly add to or subtract from your credit scores. Just be sure to have total balances report at less than 9% for optimum scores before you apply again for any card or TL.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it will not show how long he's been an AU. The history will show on his report exactly as it shows on yours.I believe a notation saying AU may be there.

And yes, age of accounts is very important to your score and when applying for other credit.

Balances and utilization can quickly add to or subtract from your credit scores. Just be sure to have total balances report at less than 9% for optimum scores before you apply again for any card or TL.

I'll second that......Smiley Wink

King

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you for your help Smiley Happy  One last question. 

So should I add him after I have utiliz below 9%?  Or can I add him now, while I continue to pay down CC's?  There is only one card I am going to add him to....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.