Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE ANYONE!!!!

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

ADVICE ANYONE!!!!

Dear Reader,

I've been gardening for few months now, and I've applied and got approved for the following accounts; Walmart $500, Cap1 Green Cash Rewards Step program $300, PayPal Smartconnect $300, and Credit One $400. However, I've got a Cap1 Secured credit card that's in good standing with a $1000 CL (13months old). I would like to decrease my credit limit to $500. I'm aware by doing this may affect my credit score, but I'll like to find out if doing this would be a good idea? I mean I'll practically get reimbursed $500 if I do this of which I'll just put aside. Please share your opinion(s) as it would be used in my decision making. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Re: ADVICE ANYONE!!!!

I think the decision on that really lies with you. Do you need the money, or would it make more sense to leave it "in the bank"?

Message 2 of 5
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

I believe it would work better for you to maintain the higher credit limit... the others are more likely to auto-cli you up to that limit... unless you need the money of course...
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should keep the money invested in the card to maintain the higher CL.  I think in the long run it will help you out more.

Message 4 of 5
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys, so I'll leave it as is....and nope I don't need the money. Just thought that since the only way I could ever receive a CLI is to actually add more money to the card. Since I'm not going to be doing so, I wanted to reduce the limit and put that extra cash aside.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.