Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE FOR FIRST APP SPREE. SCORES ARE 650-670

tag
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Re: ADVICE FOR FIRST APP SPREE. SCORES ARE 650-670

@periferel wrote:

also i heard discove it is the easiest, correct me if im wrong. and yes i will apply for walmart and amazon, ty for the suggestions. is target a possibility?

when apping for the amazon....GO for the visa! If you dont get accepted it will auto app you for the store card!

Message 11 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

when apping for the amazon....GO for the visa! If you dont get accepted it will auto app you for the store card!

The Amazon Store and Amazon Visa are offered by General Electric and Chase respectively. If you are declined for a Visa you will have to apply for the store card serperately.

Message 12 of 19
periferel
Established Member

great advice so far. thanks for everything. actually the collections is from 2010 but they list it on my cr as 1/2012. its from cba and they told me ove the phone they would delete it after i paid, but from what i've heard never believe in what they say get it in writing. so its over a year old. i only have a short credit file actually bc i havent had a cc since college and i got that one charged off. i'm 37 now. i actually had a decent income in the past and when i looked up my credit 5 years ago i had about a dozen baddies. i paid most of them and left 3 to fall off which they did. oddly even though i just paid them (no pfd or gw letters) they did remove them from my report. so when i started again to clear up my credit in dec. i had 3, the one from 2010 and 2 of the 3 that dropped off this year.

-so from what i've gathered go for walmart, amazon, and discover so far. thanks for that.

-i'm not sure if there are any CU's i can apply with. i'm not military or have any career that would get me in that way. are there any others i may get into and get a cc relatively easily? 

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 13 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Check with CUs in your area. Also, some will allow you to donate a small fee to a charity for membership. Alliant, DCU and SDFCU to name a few
Message 14 of 19
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

The Amazon Store and Amazon Visa are offered by General Electric and Chase respectively. If you are declined for a Visa you will have to apply for the store card serperately.

hmmm.... i just got mine this way(about two months ago). Maybe they are changing things up. i apped for the visa and got a message saying unable to approve visa at this time but preapproved for $600 store card, or something like that. CHEERS!

Message 15 of 19
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Check with CUs in your area. Also, some will allow you to donate a small fee to a charity for membership. Alliant, DCU and SDFCU to name a few

For sure! Go with Alliant! Great CU! We just got one here in Auburn, AL!!!

Message 16 of 19
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I agree with others that you are not ready for a spree. Doing too much at one time will actually probably make the situation worse.

Take it slow.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 17 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Last thing you want to do is rack up Hard Inquiries. Just wait and relax for now.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 18 of 19
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

You can get your score up by using the one card and paying it off but it's going to take some time of doing that so dig in and  do it. When you hit one year consider adding another card - but just one! Get your score above 700. Don't even think about an "app spree" until your scores are mid to high 700's as whatever short term damage that is done will still leave you well above 700. Never let your scores go below 700. Ever. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.