Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE ON FREEDOM

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

ADVICE ON FREEDOM

i want ya'lls advice on an issue with my new FREEDOM. on 6/6/12 my scores hit a new high with EQ 698 TU 700 and EX 712. so i wanted to apply for some prime cards after having a couple subprime cards for the last 3 years. on that date i applied for CHASE FREEDOM, BARCLAY REWARDS, and AMEX ZYNC. got instant approval on ZYNC NPSL. had to do a recon with BARCLAYS b/c i accidentally let a couple balances report and they didnt like it lol but they still approved me for $1000, also had to do a recon with CHASE b/c of how many INq"s i had on EQ.(thats the report they pulled). i did have alot due to shopping around for an auto loan but other than that my CR was clear of any derogs, lates.etc.. so when i called to do the recon with chase the analyst answered and told me that we would go over my app and CR and she would see if we could get me approved. so she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back and told me she was able to approve me for $600. i know its low but i was excited to get in and just said thank you and hung up. now im finding out that what she actually did while i was on hold was pull my EXPERIAN CR. she never told me this, i was just expecting to go over EQ CR  and answer why i had so many inq's and such. but we never did. i was looking at EX. CR yesterday and thats how i knew she pulled EX on RECON. im by no means complaining as im just happy they approved me but i am a lil disappionted with the CL. so this is where my Question comes in at. do you guys think i should CHASE EXEC. offices and tell them all this and that since my EX CR was much better than EQ i was wondering if they could get me a higher Cl. ive only had the card barely a month and  have already run well over 2k through it and have made several $500+ payments...   SO what you guys think??

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LOC
Contributor

Re: ADVICE ON FREEDOM

You may want to request a CLI after you have the card for a couple months

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Use the card and wait.  

Chase has a tendency to look at your current tradelines, and if they're all under 1K as are most rebuilder cards, they may stick you with a similar limit to what you got.  Ain't no big thing as you've already found out, other than the irritation of having to make multiple payments.  

        
Message 3 of 10
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

My advice is to just leave it be.

She basically got you approved based on you EX report. If you call you might receive AA. Would you rather have them remove your inq on your EX and have them close your accout or live with what you have now.

Lenders have the right to pull any or all reports when you apply for credit. They didn't do anything wrong BUT it would have been nice that she told you up front.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

My advice is to just leave it be.

She basically got you approved based on you EX report. If you call you might receive AA. Would you rather have them remove your inq on your EX and have them close your accout or live with what you have now.

Lenders have the right to pull any or all reports when you apply for credit. They didn't do anything wrong BUT it would have been nice that she told you up front.

i agree with you, they def have the right to pull whatever they want. im not upset that they pulled EX as you are most likely right in saying thats how she got me approved. i didnt want to ask them to remove the inq on EX. i was just wondering if yall think it would be worth a shot to call up the EXEC officice and have them take a second look at the EX report they pulled to see if that maye Qualified me for a higher limit.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

If you have an existing credit limit higher than $600, your best course of action would be to call the executive line (a few days after paying your CC bill off in full) and explain that you would like to use the Freedom card as your primary credit card, but it's cumbersome to use because the credit limit is so low. "As you can probably see on your system, I have to pay the bill down in full multiple times in a billing cycle just to keep using it. Is there any chance you can match X credit limit? I'd much rather use you guys for everything because of the great rewards program and customer service, blah blah blah."

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 10
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

If you have an existing credit limit higher than $600, your best course of action would be to call the executive line (a few days after paying your CC bill off in full) and explain that you would like to use the Freedom card as your primary credit card, but it's cumbersome to use because the credit limit is so low. "As you can probably see on your system, I have to pay the bill down in full multiple times in a billing cycle just to keep using it. Is there any chance you can match X credit limit? I'd much rather use you guys for everything because of the great rewards program and customer service, blah blah blah."

+1
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would call them. I'd do it very soon if you are, hopefully it works out for you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I got a $1k CLI after 3-4 months with freedom
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 10
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

i know how you feel about wanting a higher cli on the freedom...ive had mine for 3 weeks and ive maxed it out 3 times already(500cl)...at least i hope i get the $100 for spending more than 500.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.