Did you mean: 

AE EMV Visa is Here!!!!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: AE EMV Visa is Here!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Nice looking card! I have a super old AEO card that's been stuck at a $175 for 4 years - I don't shop there very often, so I have it permanently SD'd. 

Maybe I'll try to get it upgraded to the VISA Smiley Happy 

You have to use it regularly to get Visa Upgrade.

Ron.

How much usage are we talking about? I have used the card once in four years. I need some new polo shirts, but I don't want to buy clothes just for a chance at a CLI/PC. 

If I bought one polo shirt a month for the next 6 months, what are my chances at CLI/PC? We're talking about spending less than $40 a month. 

Message 11 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Nice looking card! I have a super old AEO card that's been stuck at a $175 for 4 years - I don't shop there very often, so I have it permanently SD'd. 

Ron.

How much usage are we talking about? I have used the card once in four years. I need some new polo shirts, but I don't want to buy clothes just for a chance at a CLI/PC. 

If I bought one polo shirt a month for the next 6 months, what are my chances at CLI/PC? We're talking about spending less than $40 a month. 

You need to use over $100.  I bought more than that. I bought two to three jeans and a couple of Polos. You might get discount coupon thru the mail or email if you use your card regularly.You need to use the card regularly. Otherwise, you won't get CLI or Visa Ugrade. You will get Visa Upgrad pop-up when you log into your account if you qualify. By the way, they will close your store account. Then they transfer account balance to your Visa. They will report your AE Visa as new account and new opening date. They closed your old store account. You will lose the history.

Ron.

Message 12 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Ron.

You need to use over $100.  I bought more than that. I bought two to three jeans and a couple of Polos. You might get discount coupon thru the mail or email if you use your card regularly.You need to use the card regularly. Otherwise, you won't get CLI or Visa Ugrade. You will get Visa Upgrad pop-up when you log into your account if you qualify. By the way, they will close your store account. Then they transfer account balance to your Visa. They will report your AE Visa as new account and new opening date. They closed your old store account. You will lose the history.

Ron.

$100/month in clothes I don't need, and my history gets wiped out? Quite the tradeoff for that little VISA logo, lol.

I just got off the phone with Credit Solutions to increase the limit and was denied. Guess they want me to suffer with the $175 they were so kind to grant me. 

Message 13 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

$100/month in clothes I don't need, and my history gets wiped out? Quite the tradeoff for that little VISA logo, lol.

I just got off the phone with Credit Solutions to increase the limit and was denied. Guess they want me to suffer with the $175 they were so kind to grant me. 

Sorry to hear. I got stuck at the same limit for a long time I used my card a lot during Christmas. They offered me the ugrade and the cli.

Ron.

Message 14 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Sorry to hear. I got stuck at the same limit for a long time I used my card a lot during Christmas. They offered me the ugrade and the cli.

Ron.

Synchrony is a weird beast. They'll give me $3k to shop at Amazon, but only $175 at AE. Makes perfect sense. 

Message 15 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Ron.

What's the point of caring about an upgrade if you don't even use the card? I'm not attacking you, just curious. Like you said, forcing yourself to spend on it for a CLI is silly.

Message 16 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

SYNCB's design department have REALLY stepped up their game for the replacement cards. They all look really nice. I've gotten replacements for my three GAP Inc cards...waiting on American Eagle's.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received my AEO Visa replacement card with the chip yet - they said it was mailed on the 8th so i hope it arrives soon.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.