Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF Waived by BofA

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

AF Waived by BofA

I burned BofA in 2009-2010 with two cards that they acquired from other banks (MBNA and Fleet if I recall correctly) for a total of about $2500.  This past January, as I started rebuilding, I decided to try for a secured card to get back in with BofA.  I was actually initially and had to recon to get approved for the secured card and just started it at $300 (learned about recon right here at myFICO).

About a month ago, I called in to see if they would unsecure and they did that for me with just a SP.  They required a HP for CLI and I declined.  The last remainng item was to get the AF removed so I called in today, the analyst picked up immediately and I spent less than a minute on the phone total and he happily removed the AF.

So, the card itself is pretty much useless with a $300 limit and no rewards, but now unsecured and with the AF removed, I see it as as a normal account and as BofA opening their doors back up to me.  The last analyst I spoke with (not from today, but the one that unsecured the card) pretty much confirmed that my profile looked fine to apply for a new card.  My anniversary date for this card that started as secured is mid January, so I'll wait until that time and try for something better with BofA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: AF Waived by BofA

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Bofa is taking a book out of cap1. I think in 2-3 yrs or sooner we may see a more competitive Bofa in a very lucrative CC business offering better rewards than what they have currently. I like Bofa. Well done!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 4 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 7
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

You can add rewards. My BoA card is a secured Cash Rewards card. Then it would be slightly less useless. And from what I've heard the HP may be worth it, especially if BoA likes your current profile. They counter when you request your amount. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 6 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the wonderful AF removal!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.