Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF-free at last!

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

AF-free at last!

Update / some good news to report:  as of this morning, I am currently 100% AF-free!  Smiley Happy  I successfully reallocated the entire CL on my FNBO Maximum Rewards VISA card (my very last card with an AF) to my other 2 AF-free FNBO cards, and closed out the FNBO Maximum Rewards card.  It definitely feels great to finally no longer have any cards with an AF at all!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Samac
Regular Contributor

Re: AF-free at last!

Congrats!!
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.. Wish I could say the same about my cards / profile lol.. Love the cards, but not the AF's so much.. Gotta pay to play I guess or at least what I was going for

Message 3 of 10
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to briefly thank everyone for the kind words!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Congrats.... I went the other way and finally got 2 AF cards! Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

I actually consider myself basically AF free given the fact that I use the benefits to offset.  I pay an AF on Marriott for example but the annual free room more than makes up for it.  Technically I do still pay an AF on a few, but it's money I would be spending more of without the card benefits so I don't sweat it in my case.

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Congrats!!

I actually consider myself basically AF free given the fact that I use the benefits to offset.  I pay an AF on Marriott for example but the annual free room more than makes up for it.  Technically I do still pay an AF on a few, but it's money I would be spending more of without the card benefits so I don't sweat it in my case.

Right, AF isn't necessarily something to avoid, the bad thing is to pay AF that aren't justified ( the benefits are less than the AF, or, more importantly, other cards with no or lower AF provide greater net benefits)

Message 9 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Update / some good news to report:  as of this morning, I am currently 100% AF-free!  Smiley Happy  I successfully reallocated the entire CL on my FNBO Maximum Rewards VISA card (my very last card with an AF) to my other 2 AF-free FNBO cards, and closed out the FNBO Maximum Rewards card.  It definitely feels great to finally no longer have any cards with an AF at all!

Nice. I just got a FNBO last month and it has no AF. The amex. But i have many other lenders that do. Totally maybe about $500 a year. but that is fine with me as i do enjoy all the benefits. Nice to see you pursue that kind of goal and have success. Good luck. Congrats.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.