Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF hit on my Diners Club card today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AF hit on my Diners Club card today

It's been a year already apparently. That was quick.

DC holders, how are you liking your cards?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AF hit on my Diners Club card today

How time flies! I recall the whole BMO/Diners craziness a year ago. I certainly love both of mine and still going strong.
Message 2 of 23
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

.My AF showed up on my current (last) statement too and you are right, that year went fast. Over all I'm happy I got in on the gold rush a year ago, 20K hidden CL at a low(er) APR than a bunch of better known cards. I've actually carried a fairly high balance on the card for 3-4 months due to some estate issues I'm dealing with - hidden balance from scores and CRA, best benefit of the card !  I've probably run 14-15 grand through the card in the last year.

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The non-reportable feature on both is definitely a plus!
Message 4 of 23
galahad15
Valued Contributor

J/c, any new news or info about when Diner's Club will finally be allowing new card apps, on their website?

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad one can't PC to the other consumer card (Premier->Elite or vice versa). If I had known better I would have just signed up for the Elite and made it my primary card despite the AF. I'm not sure my spending would make up for the extra AF but I wouldn't really need cards like the CSP either.

Message 6 of 23
Maddog_
Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

.My AF showed up on my current (last) statement too and you are right, that year went fast. Over all I'm happy I got in on the gold rush a year ago, 20K hidden CL at a low(er) APR than a bunch of better known cards. I've actually carried a fairly high balance on the card for 3-4 months due to some estate issues I'm dealing with - hidden balance from scores and CRA, best benefit of the card !  I've probably run 14-15 grand through the card in the last year.

+1 on the hidden CL and one of the lowest APR's out there.  A very handy tool in the credit tool box !

Message 7 of 23
NRB525
Super Contributor

My AF shouild be in the November 12 statement.

I like the card, but I keep getting distracted with other spend bonus requirements on other cards. DC is always in my wallet, and has gone with me whenever I travel, including to Panama where I was able to use the PayPass touchless payment to buy a too-expensive water in the airport with no FTF.

I'm also hopeful to find another store where they require the EMV chip and PIN. only one transaction like that so far.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

My AF shouild be in the November 12 statement.

I like the card, but I keep getting distracted with other spend bonus requirements on other cards. DC is always in my wallet, and has gone with me whenever I travel, including to Panama where I was able to use the PayPass touchless payment to buy a too-expensive water in the airport with no FTF.

I'm also hopeful to find another store where they require the EMV chip and PIN. only one transaction like that so far.

Had to use the PIN at Home Depot last night. Walgreens is turned on too but I usually just use Apple Pay there.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are the AFs like and APRs?

what the heck! they transfer to amtrak!  So now its just SPG and Diners that transfer to amtrak!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.