Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL EQ inquiries GONE!

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

ALL EQ inquiries GONE!

I dont know what happened, but all of my equifax inquiries have disappeared! I just went on an app spree last month and I know for a fact that there were SEVERAL on EQ I've always had a ton on inquiries on all bureaus because I app all the time. I have no clue what happened, but does anyone know of any good cards that pull EQ only?! haha.

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ALL EQ inquiries GONE!

If there gone why don't u lay low a tone of inquiries is not a good look.

Message 2 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I agree with mjbfan79.  Also, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by not knowing how/why all your inquiries disappeared.  You don't give any information about how many inquiries you had in total, the ages of those inquiries in total, whether or not you use daily credit monitoring services to view your Equifax report (and if so, how many services you are subscribed to, and how long you've been subscribed), or whether your EQ inquiries having disappeared was something you saw online or on a paper copy. 

There are any number of reasons inquiries may appear to be 'gone'.  There are any number of reasons those inquiries can reappear on you after they 'disappeared'.  But without more information, no one can help you -- and maybe stop you from making a bad mistake.

If I may again echo mjbfan79, lay low OP.  You just finished an Apporama.  Let that sate you.  Restraint will help you out more in the long run, especially in this economic climate.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 61
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

a ton more inq won't help you attain your goal score.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 61
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

OK so heres some more details on it..

I have ScoreWatch and I check my credit reports pretty much once a month with all 3 bureaus...I had SEVERAL recent inquiries on EQ because I recently (within the last month) went on an app spree....most cards were declined for too many recent inquiries. I received an email the other day from score watch saying that my score went up to 685 from from 675 due to "seeking credit is no longer affecting your score" or something along those lines...so I went online today and I ran a report straight from equifax.com and sure enough, it shows NO inquiries on record. I then double checked by pulling my fico and sure enough, no inquiries. I know they stay on there for two years but for some reason every single inquiry is GONE. I recently got a car back in January, was apping around for mortgage rates, looking for new credit cards...I know there were at least 10-15 inquries within the last 6 months on EQ and they are now gone. What could have caused this? any idea? I'm not complaining. I think I will lay low for awhile and enjoy having zero inquiries...and wait for some to fall off from tu and ex

Message 5 of 61
nicemann
Established Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

I dont know what happened, but all of my equifax inquiries have disappeared! I just went on an app spree last month and I know for a fact that there were SEVERAL on EQ I've always had a ton on inquiries on all bureaus because I app all the time. I have no clue what happened, but does anyone know of any good cards that pull EQ only?! haha.

Check your messages

Message 6 of 61
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Message 7 of 61
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

I did a bit of searching and figured out what happened. I had no idea that was possible. I've heard not to discuss it on the boards though...but I'm pretty pleased that I had no idea what I was doing until it happened. It's so nice when things work in your favor. haha.

Message 8 of 61
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Check your messages again.

Message 9 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has this thread turned private i wanna know what happen to LOL

Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.