Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL EQ inquiries GONE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ALL EQ inquiries GONE!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Inquiry damage is vastly overrated by many here on the boards. Remember, you generally get a freebie --one inq doesn't hurt your score, then a ding for #'s 2 and 3, then another ding for maybe #'s 4 and 5, and after that, it doesn't matter any more. The exact numbers vary by credit bureau, but it's something like that......the real damage is being done to your AAoA (average age of accounts), if those apps are successful.

Just something to keep in mind, when we all start rocking and rolling with our soft pulls. Smiley Happy

Seems spot on to me!  BTW, I love seeing posts from HTSU Emerita - feels more like home when you're here, Hauling.

Just checked, and DH had 7 inquiries on EQ last year.  None of them precipitated a score drop except for inquiry #6, which yielded a 4 point drop. 

I had 6 inquiries on EQ last year.  The only score drop associated with inquiries was a 3 point drop on the day when inquiries #3&4 hit.

We did have additional score drops from new accounts and the resulting AAofA.  They show up on different days (the day when the accounts hit vs. the day when the inquiry hits).

Along with a few other obervers, I also think that buckets influence the impact of inquiries.  DH & I were rebuilding and our experience may be different than someone in a different bucket.

I'd prefer doing my rocking and rolling with something else less FICOish. Smiley Wink

Message 61 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.