Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMAZON DISPUTE Chase INK return and purchase protection

tag
gr33nsuit
Valued Member

AMAZON DISPUTE Chase INK return and purchase protection

So i bought few computer parts from amazon (five items to be exact)

I received three but two were lost in mail (or someone hopped the fence and claimed ownership)  (amazon credit one of the item $120)

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

4) $120 lost in mail amazon credited (same deliver date and time as the (5) $900)

5) $900 amazon closed my account and refuse to credit even though delivered same time as the (4) $120, and they credited that one.

They also refused to let me return the first three items since I'm pretty pissed off and want nothing to do with them. They closed my account and now only can contact them through cis@amazon.com, which takes FOREVER to respond.

I purchased all these with my Chase Ink Plus.

I was wondering if I can dispute the (5) $900 through CHASE PURCHASE PROTECTION since I have proof of the trackings (4) and (5) delivered same time and lost in mail since Amazon credited (4) but refuse to credit (5).

Also, I was wondering if I can do the RETURN PROTECTION for the (1) (2) (3) items through CHASE also.

Note: all five of these items were purchased under one order, but chase charged me with three seperate charges on statement.

If anyone has experience with this please educate and guide me what to do. Any comment/suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!

BARCLAY FICO: 782 12/12/14
DISCOVER FICO: 783 12/12/14
|Amex Blue $32,400 |Discover IT $28,000 |Usbank Cash+ $25,000 |Chase Freedom $23,700 |CSP $18,000 | Citi DoubleCash $16,500 |PenFed Cash Rewards $16,000 |SallieMae $12,500 |Citi Costco $12,000 |Citi Forward $8,000 |Quicksilver $4,200 |StateFarm CC $4,000
Start of Gardening 12/13/14
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: AMAZON DISPUTE Chase INK return and purchase protection

@gr33nsuit wrote:

I received three but two were lost in mail (amazon credit one of the item $120)

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

4) $120 lost in mail amazon credited (same deliver date and time as the (5) $900)

5) $900 amazon closed my account and refuse to credit even though delivered same time as the (4) $120, and they credited that one.

They also refused to let me return the first three items since I'm pretty pissed off and want nothing to do with them. They closed my account and now only can contact them through cis@amazon.com, which takes FOREVER to respond.

I was wondering if they can dispute the (5) $900 through CHASE since I have proof of the trackings (4) and (5) delivered same time and also lost in mail.

Also, I was wondering if I can do the return protection for the (1) (2) (3) items through CHASE also.

Note: all five of these items were purchased under one order, but chase charged me with three seperate charges on statement.

If anyone has experience with this please educate and guide me what to do. Any comment/suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!

Were all items purchased from the same seller? Were they "fulfilled by Amazon"? Or were they fulfilled/shipped by the individual merchants/vendors? Amazon usually only has books in their warehouse. Even though you purchased on their website, they were probably actually bought from other companies.

IME, you would need to contact those other companies directly for returning, claims, etc. I bought a used book a couple of years ago, and it was from a used bookseller that lists on Amazon. The book was not received in the condition stated on the description, so I contacted the company via Amazon's website (NOT Amazon), and they said just keep the book and we'll refund  your money. They could have asked me to send it back, but still I was dealing with the store that actually shipped me the book and NOT Amazon.

So, I'm a little confused when you say you bought this stuff from Amazon. It seems you need to look at your purchaes online and your packing slips, and contact those sellers directly.

Also, you said that you have tracking info for the 2 lost packages. That should tell you *where* they were delivered. Perhaps you can contact that address and get your packages. Otherwise, I would contact the seller and tell them that the packages were misdelivered, so you need either a replacement shipped to you ASAP or a refund issued to your CC.

Re Chase and claims, perhaps someone else can answer that. But IME, it's always better to try and resolve these issues w/the parties involved and file claims with credit card companies only as a last resort. Often that will even be a requirement *before* you can  make a claim w/the CC.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@gr33nsuit wrote:

I received three but two were lost in mail (or someone hopped the fence and made them theirs)  (amazon credit one of the item $120)

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

I was wondering if I can dispute the (5) $900 through CHASE PURCHASE PROTECTION since I have proof of the trackings (4) and (5) delivered same time and lost in mail since Amazon credited (4) but refuse to credit (5).

Also, I was wondering if I can do the RETURN PROTECTION for the (1) (2) (3) items through CHASE also.

send an email to ecr@amazon.com. It is their executive office. Their responses are usually a lot quicker.

the purchase protection does not apply to items lost by a common courier (aka UPS, fedex, USPS, ontrac, DHL, etc). You could however try to file a dispute with Chase about not receiving the items. Chase will then attempt to dispute the charge with amazon, and whether you win the dispute is up in the air. It can go both ways. Chase will most likely reconfirm with UPS about the delivery of the package, and if UPS do claim you received the item, then you will most likely lose the dispute.

Your best recourse is to call UPS and to have them start an investigation, and to have amazon do an insurance claim. Make a police report as well. UPS / Amazon will most likely require you to do so because of the dollar amount of items #4 and #5 (depending on your state, $1020 of stolen goods is most likely above the threshold for grand larceny). Only after the UPS / police investigation isn't in your favor, then file a claim with Chase.

You can do return protection for items 1-3, but there's a cap on the amount refunded. Since the items are going to be stuck with you or Chase anyways, why not keep it?

Amazon will most likely not unban your account, unless you can prove there was an error, and they will close all subsequent accounts that you open. You either filed a lot of lost claims, or you returned a lot of stuff. This has happened to a lot of abusers. Just take a look on slickdeals and fatwallet. You should have gotten a warning email previously informing you that your account will be banned if the returns / lost claims continue to happen.

Hope you get the investigation / claims resolved. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@gr33nsuit wrote:

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

I was wondering if they can dispute the (5) $900 through CHASE since I have proof of the trackings (4) and (5) delivered same time and also lost in mail.

Also, I was wondering if I can do the return protection for the (1) (2) (3) items through CHASE also.

Were all items purchased from the same seller? Were they "fulfilled by Amazon"? Or were they fulfilled/shipped by the individual merchants/vendors? Amazon usually only has books in their warehouse. Even though you purchased on their website, they were probably actually bought from other companies.

IME, you would need to contact those other companies directly for returning, claims, etc. I bought a used book a couple of years ago, and it was from a used bookseller that lists on Amazon. The book was not received in the condition stated on the description, so I contacted the company via Amazon's website (NOT Amazon), and they said just keep the book and we'll refund  your money. They could have asked me to send it back, but still I was dealing with the store that actually shipped me the book and NOT Amazon.

So, I'm a little confused when you say you bought this stuff from Amazon. It seems you need to look at your purchaes online and your packing slips, and contact those sellers directly.

Also, you said that you have tracking info for the 2 lost packages. That should tell you *where* they were delivered. Perhaps you can contact that address and get your packages. Otherwise, I would contact the seller and tell them that the packages were misdelivered, so you need either a replacement shipped to you ASAP or a refund issued to your CC.

Re Chase and claims, perhaps someone else can answer that. But IME, it's always better to try and resolve these issues w/the parties involved and file claims with credit card companies only as a last resort. Often that will even be a requirement *before* you can  make a claim w/the CC.

Amazon sells a lot of things besides books. 

Any product that is labelled as "Ship and Sold by Amazon" is sold directly by Amazon.

For the CIS department to step in and ban his account, he most likely bought the items from Amazon, and either filed too many lost claims, or did too many returns.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@gr33nsuit wrote:

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

Amazon sells a lot of things besides books. 

Any product that is labelled as "Ship and Sold by Amazon" is sold directly by Amazon.

For the CIS department to step in and ban his account, he most likely bought the items from Amazon, and either filed too many lost claims, or did too many returns.

Yeah, that's why I asked if it was "fulfilled by Amazon." Most of the non-book stuff I see on there isn't actually sold/shipped by Amazon.

I have always received everything purchased from Amazon, whether fulfilled by them or not. So, I wasn't aware of them banning accounts. But under those circumstances, I can understand why they would do that.

It's odd though, because there *is* tracking info. So it's provable where it was delivered, right? Maybe I'm just a bit naive. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Yeah, that's why I asked if it was "fulfilled by Amazon." Most of the non-book stuff I see on there isn't actually sold/shipped by Amazon.

I have always received everything purchased from Amazon, whether fulfilled by them or not. So, I wasn't aware of them banning accounts. But under those circumstances, I can understand why they would do that.

It's odd though, because there *is* tracking info. So it's provable where it was delivered, right? Maybe I'm just a bit naive. Smiley Happy

There's 3 main types of selling going on amazon.

1. Ship and sold directly by Amazon. For example: This 

2. Products that belong to other sellers, but rather than to sell it themselves, the items are in Amazon's warehouses and Amazon process the sales / returns of those items. For example: This

3. Products sold and processed by 3rd party sellers, such as this

(Sorry about the odd choices of items used as example. I went through my order history to find examples lol)

It does take quite a bit of abuse to get Amazon to ban an account. Usually it's a lot of lost claims / returns, or just several really expensive claims / returns. My guess is their algorithim was to do with the profitability and is also based upon claims and/or returns compared to total purchases of that customer.

Items do go missing from time to time even with tracking, but for UPS and Fedex, lost occurances overall are <0.5% based on published data (may be outdated; read it somewhere in the past). That being said, it has to do with the area too. The more ghetto areas probably have more of these claims.

Message 6 of 17
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

I don't blame amazon for closing your account... you're obviously running some sort of scam.  who buys $2k in computer parts when you can buy a computer for $500 nowadays... and the fact that you know these people just randomly hopped the fence and took your stuff and you know that how? you just watch them take your stuff and didn't do anything about it? must be a pretty rough neighborhood you live in?  Howcome you didn't call the police and file a report?  Chase will not refund you anything. Buyer protection programs are for people who has a legit complaint on a merchant but not for someone running scams... wow just wow

@gr33nsuit wrote:

I received three but two were lost in mail (or someone hopped the fence and claimed ownership)  (amazon credit one of the item $120)

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

Message 7 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Please refrain from making personal attacks/accusations.

Thank you,

Lexie
Message 8 of 17
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@mrmichaelscott wrote:

I don't blame amazon for closing your account... you're obviously running some sort of scam.  who buys $2k in computer parts when you can buy a computer for $500 nowadays... and the fact that you know these people just randomly hopped the fence and took your stuff and you know that how? you just watch them take your stuff and didn't do anything about it? must be a pretty rough neighborhood you live in?  Howcome you didn't call the police and file a report?  Chase will not refund you anything. Buyer protection programs are for people who has a legit complaint on a merchant but not for someone running scams... wow just wow

@gr33nsuit wrote:

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

Wow, just wow is right. You need to calm down, everytime I see your handle you are posting something negitive or ridiculious. I build computers all the time with over 2k in parts as a side job and i'm pretty sure he talked about people jumping his fence as a joke.

In all seriousness I just went through a package incident with USPS. My wife's shoes was tracked as "delievered" when it was not. Everytime I called them they state the package shows as delievered and there was nothing they could do. It ended after 4 days when I called around a bunch of different offices and district managers and located the package at our local post office; it had just arrived there and was mistakenly scaned as delivered when it should of been "attempted" If you still cannot find them I would dispute the charge with chase. You paid for an item, didn't receive it, and the vendor refuses to make it right. 

Message 9 of 17
toppers555
Established Contributor

@mrmichaelscott wrote:

@gr33nsuit wrote:

1) $500 received

2) $600 received

3) $500 received 

lets not be so quick to judge, and   from your statement about $500 pc is pretty clear your experience with pc has been limited to out of box pc and not building custom rigs or higher end models.   

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.