Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICAN EX PREPAID CARD HELPIN PREAPOVAL FOR CHARGE. CARD

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: AMERICAN EX PREPAID CARD HELPIN PREAPOVAL FOR CHARGE. CARD

I am very skeptical about the make your move program leading to anything. If your goal is to build credit then using a prepaid card is pointless. Amex will still require you to submit a full application and will still do a hard pull of your credit reports/scores. The only way to really improve your chances for approval are to garden, pay on time (in full if possible), make sure you have no baddies, etc. Prepaid cards do nothing to improve your credit and give you no rewards. Could it possibly help a bit? Maybe, but the major factor in getting approved is still going to come down to your credit report, scores, income and assets.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 11 of 15
Cesarlopez
Established Member

Re: AMERICAN EX PREPAID CARD HELPING APPROVAL FOR CHARGE. CARD

I'm rebuilding my credit and have signed up for one of these cards. I have now tasted the level of customer service that American Express offers and want more... Smiley Happy They were very nice on the phone and made sure I was very comfortable with with my prepaid card account and even explained the benefits that American Express offers normal card members. I truly believe this may help in the future... We will see!

CAP1 Venture $3k & No Hassel $750 / Discover More 2.5k / AMEX ZYNC NPSL & Delta 2k / FirstTech CU Visa 2k / USAA AMEX 1k / Sam's 2.2k / Amazon 1.9k / Walmart $800 /
Message 12 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Cesarlopez wrote:

I'm rebuilding my credit and have signed up for one of these cards. I have now tasted the level of customer service that American Express offers and want more... Smiley Happy They were very nice on the phone and made sure I was very comfortable with with my prepaid card account and even explained the benefits that American Express offers normal card members. I truly believe this may help in the future... We will see!

Welcome to the forums Cesar!!

If you don't mind, could you share how your EX file looks like?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 15
Cesarlopez
Established Member

Hi LS... And I followed your many posts about American Express and your success has made me jealous. Smiley Happy My FAKO Score was 694 and everything was fine until a old Comcast account showed up re-aged and drop my score by 100 points to 594 they also listed the account twice listing two different collection companies on my Transunion. It's almost like they are trying to screw with me. For just $58.18 and I called Comcast and paid it. I was hoping they would remove it... I have had issues with them for years on various levels. So I wrote the CEO hoping for some help. Instead someone from the customer escalations department called and was extremely rude. Telling me that I was lying about things in my email. So I wrote the CEO again and explained how disappointed I was in how I was treated and please don't have anyone call or contact me any more because they have done enough damage already, and the same guy calls me back... I have given up with them. I'm now trying to dispute the account. Long story... But I kind of feel like I went backwards.... So... Since I have years until I can get a real AMEX card I feel like it might be nice to pretend.... Smiley Happy

CAP1 Venture $3k & No Hassel $750 / Discover More 2.5k / AMEX ZYNC NPSL & Delta 2k / FirstTech CU Visa 2k / USAA AMEX 1k / Sam's 2.2k / Amazon 1.9k / Walmart $800 /
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not the only one who has trouble with comcast. I have comcast only because I live in an apartment and having a satellite dish is against the lease. I am stuck with comcast and I have to watch that company like a hawk. Sorry for hijacking the thread but comcast gets me going. lol

Most recently I found out their autopay doesnt work. A few months ago signed up my credit card in their autopay. said your card will be billed automatically on the due date. Can take up to 40 days. So 3 weeks later when the bill was due my card wasnt charged. Had to make a one time payment on the due date. Wasnt a big deal because I was expecting it to take a full cycle to get in the system but then I expected it to work the next billing cycle. One month later my card still wasnt charged and I had to make another one time payment. It should have worked it was beyond 40 days.

So I googled the comast auto pay and lots of people are having trouble with it. Even when it does work it might skip the next month then people get hit with late fees and maybe even a 30 day late on their credit report. Personally if you ask me it is a devious scheme by comcast to extract some late fees. People were complaining even when they called in the comcast rep said they were responsible for checking their account to make sure it is paid.

Since I am trying to keep my credit strong to set me up for some more travel cards next year and eventually a mortgage I can't afford any mishaps over an untrustworthy auto pay. I don't even have my credit cards in auto pay. I just don't trust autopay anywhere. It is a late payment trap if you ask me.

If that wasnt bad comcast tried to stick me with someone elses bill once. When I moved out of my first apartment I went to shut off my cable service in person at the comcast office. They asked for an address so they can send the final bill, fair enough, I gave them my parents address. Sure enough a month later a bill comes in but it wasnt mine. It had someone elses name on it that I didnt recognize, but my parents address as the billing address. Went down to get it corrected in person and the rep was nice and took all charges off my account after pleading my case that me, or anyone else in my family had no clue who that person on that bill was.

You gotta be on top of things with this company.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.