cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICAN EXPRESS 10 SOFT INQUIRIES IN A MONTH?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMERICAN EXPRESS 10 SOFT INQUIRIES IN A MONTH?

I was revieweing my credit report with EXP and looking at soft inquiries and saw American Express and American Express 2 made daily and weekly inquiries starting in March till now for a total of  ten. 

I have not applied with them as I have some old CO's from 2006 so I would not try to re-apply.  

Has anyone else seen this occur in your reports? Is this many soft inquiries a normal practice?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: AMERICAN EXPRESS 10 SOFT INQUIRIES IN A MONTH?

Fairly common for AmEx and charged off accounts. AmEx uses several "in house contacted" debt collectors such as NCO if they are still around. Amex keep close track on your accounts to see if their is a possibility of getting paid back through Optima Oasis or other "offers" which is also why they maintain a strong blacklist of charged offed "members".  99.9% chance if you app they'll deny you listing "previously charged off account" I suspect in the hope you'll call and offer a settlement.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Fairly common for AmEx and charged off accounts. AmEx uses several "in house contacted" debt collectors such as NCO if they are still around. Amex keep close track on your accounts to see if their is a possibility of getting paid back through Optima Oasis or other "offers" which is also why they maintain a strong blacklist of charged offed "members".  99.9% chance if you app they'll deny you listing "previously charged off account" I suspect in the hope you'll call and offer a settlement.

This makes sense.  Thanks for your response. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's about to go DOWN in the DM.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry I don't know what DM means?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DM means

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Direct Message, specifically Twitter DM. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DM means

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Direct Message, specifically Twitter DM. 

Got me again.  I don't know how to use and have never used Twitter. Haven't caught up with all the technology out there.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.