Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD?

Hey guys....so I went to the Amex website did the prequalified screening thing where it doesn't affect your credit score and it said that based on my interests they recommend the Platinum card, the Gold card, and the Amex everyday card. I don't know if they are saying I qualify or they think I might get approved. I'm scared to pull the trigger lol. 

Message 11 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys....so I went to the Amex website did the prequalified screening thing where it doesn't affect your credit score and it said that based on my interests they recommend the Platinum card, the Gold card, and the Amex everyday card. I don't know if they are saying I qualify or they think I might get approved. I'm scared to pull the trigger lol. 

A good way to check is to try again (in a "private" window) and answer interest questions the same but with some made up name and SSN.  See if you get something different.

Message 12 of 20
birjest
Frequent Contributor

You cant be serious?  Its just a HP, which affect your scoe for one year, stays on your CR for 2.  You have the scores, applied for one, and right after, go for a second.....

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP? 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the Blue Cash Everyday with a 660 Experian score, 3k limit. They definitely like to pull EX. Just keep in mind that they will most likely mail you the Blue Cash Preferred instead "by mistake". The difference is this one has a $75 annual fee, but if you take a look at the rewards it is TOTALLY worth it. Plus the sign up bonus is great and easy to hit. I read that this is what they tend to do,

I didn't mind since I applied for the Everyday card which requires lower credit score. Definitely the AMEX card to get if you are under 700 credit score!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HP? 

Hard Pull

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just keep in mind that they will most likely mail you the Blue Cash Preferred instead "by mistake". The difference is this one has a $75 annual fee, but if you take a look at the rewards it is TOTALLY worth it. Plus the sign up bonus is great and easy to hit. I read that this is what they tend to do,

Where did you read this?  I don't think I've ever heard of this before.  And even if they did send you the wrong card, it should've shown up online as the BCE...are you sure you didn't just apply for the BCP and thought you were applying for the BCE?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

The amex blush cash is a little harder to qualify for than their charge cards. You might want to get your EX up a little bit, so you can qualify for their better terms. 

+1

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just got approved for a Citi Thankyou Preferred card with a 3,200 CL and was thinking maybe I should wait until January/February when my credit is maybe in the 700's in order to qualify for the American Blue Cash as that one is not a charge card but a credit card with no annual fee. Any thoughts?  

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the Citi family!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you guys for the fast response. Very excited about working on my credit again. I'll wait a few months until my Experian is at least in the 700's before applying. Smiley Happy

Excellent decision!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.