Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICAN EXPRESS ZYNC CARD!!!

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: AMERICAN EXPRESS ZYNC CARD!!!

danielaubry;   BIG Congrats on the Zync, welcome to the wonderful and interesting world of AMEX Smiley Happy

I've only had mine for a few months. Hardly use it (no cash back) though it comes in handy once in a while. Back dated to 1989 (my favorite part and reason for getting it lol). BTW, if you push a payment through with your bank before the statement cuts, it will report a 0 balance (I did that with my first bill only because I knew the amount before hand). I let it go once and it reported around a 400 balance and my score dropped a bit (just food for thought, not sure if that was the only reason or not).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 17
Gabo
Valued Member

Just FYI for you

You are correct I started with their Zync, 6 moths later I applied for their BCE got approved for 5K with my income only 39K a year

Message 12 of 17
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@Gabo wrote:

Just FYI for you

You are correct I started with their Zync, 6 moths later I applied for their BCE got approved for 5K with my income only 39K a year

Gabo, do you still have your Zync or did you close it?

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

danielaubry;   BIG Congrats on the Zync, welcome to the wonderful and interesting world of AMEX Smiley Happy

I've only had mine for a few months. Hardly use it (no cash back) though it comes in handy once in a while. Back dated to 1989 (my favorite part and reason for getting it lol). BTW, if you push a payment through with your bank before the statement cuts, it will report a 0 balance (I did that with my first bill only because I knew the amount before hand). I let it go once and it reported around a 400 balance and my score dropped a bit (just food for thought, not sure if that was the only reason or not).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which CR did you experience a decrease?  Was it the TU from MyFICO forums or a different site?  Thanks for the info in advance.

According to the different threads I've read, only the TU98 formula should give you a decrease in score because it still calculates utility into the formula with regards to Charge Cards.  I've been wondering about this because my first Zync statement cut on the second with a balance and I was wondering how it would affect my score.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 14 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I'm gonna go with Gabo's opinion on this one (cuz I want the BCE or BCP,  LOL) and cross my fingers it might work for me too.  If Gabo has a back date (which is why I got Zync myself, 1989 as mentioned above, I know I worked way to hard to get that card backdated to close it), I doubt he would close the Zync (he?, I'm guessing there).  I'd keep both for the AAoA Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@impovingmycredit wrote:

Which CR did you experience a decrease?  Was it the TU from MyFICO forums or a different site?  Thanks for the info in advance.

According to the different threads I've read, only the TU98 formula should give you a decrease in score because it still calculates utility into the formula with regards to Charge Cards.  I've been wondering about this because my first Zync statement cut on the second with a balance and I was wondering how it would affect my score.

It's confusing to me.  Everything that links to EX says I'm "good" or "Low" risk, same with TU (EQ states "not good").  No negatives or derogs or lates anywhere. Ex shows 7 inq's, TU 2, EQ 3. EQ dropped the most after that to 613. The other two remained the same or rose within 2 weeks.  TU 688 (both fico's, EX at 712 is EXdirect Plus).  All factors considered, that was really the only thing that changed much (util dropped a bit overall). I think EQ was 667 before but don't remember for sure. It's my worst even though all the info is the same on each other than I think EX gives me 4.7 years AAoA where the other 2 state 3.something AAoA (all say 22 years 2 months for oldest account on record).  Hoped that helped somewhat Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks Much!!!!   Greatly Appreciated!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.