Frequent Contributor
dangphuocloc72

AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

COUPLE MONTH AGO I MAX OUT ALL MY CREDIT ,BUT I ALWAY PAID ON TIME AND FIRST DAY OF THE BILL.I PAID MORE THAN WHAT EVER THEY ASK FOR , TODAY I PIF ONE CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS , AND THEY SEND EMAIL FOR ME , THEY SAY THEY ARE LOWER MY C/L DOWN $500.00.I REALLY DON'T NEEDS THEM MUCH , CAN I CLOSE THEM , OR WHAT CAN I DO ? , THANKS ALL . HAVE A NICE DAY .

TransUnionDate: 12/31/2008
(over 1 month old) EquifaxDate: 1/23/2009
ExperianDate: 1/23/2009
Contributor
mphan

Re: AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

dangphuocloc72 wrote:

COUPLE MONTH AGO I MAX OUT ALL MY CREDIT ,BUT I ALWAY PAID ON TIME AND FIRST DAY OF THE BILL.I PAID MORE THAN WHAT EVER THEY ASK FOR , TODAY I PIF ONE CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS , AND THEY SEND EMAIL FOR ME , THEY SAY THEY ARE LOWER MY C/L DOWN $500.00.I REALLY DON'T NEEDS THEM MUCH , CAN I CLOSE THEM , OR WHAT CAN I DO ? , THANKS ALL . HAVE A NICE DAY .

Hi Loc,

Cancel it might hurt your credit more than helping. If it has AF, PC to card w/o AF.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Valued Contributor
oracles

Re: AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

Hi Loc

Go to my signature and open helpful links. In it is the closing credit cards thread.

Read that thread

This will give you a good inclination as to weather you should close the card or not.

If there is no AF, i would keep it open.

Hope this helps

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}