cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

tag
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

COUPLE MONTH AGO I MAX OUT ALL MY CREDIT ,BUT I ALWAY PAID ON TIME AND FIRST DAY OF THE BILL.I PAID MORE THAN WHAT EVER THEY ASK FOR , TODAY I PIF ONE CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS , AND THEY SEND EMAIL FOR ME , THEY SAY THEY ARE LOWER MY C/L DOWN $500.00.I REALLY DON'T NEEDS THEM MUCH , CAN I CLOSE THEM , OR WHAT CAN I DO ? , THANKS ALL . HAVE A NICE DAY .

TransUnionDate: 12/31/2008
(over 1 month old) EquifaxDate: 1/23/2009
ExperianDate: 1/23/2009
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mphan
Contributor

Re: AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

@dangphuocloc72 wrote:

COUPLE MONTH AGO I MAX OUT ALL MY CREDIT ,BUT I ALWAY PAID ON TIME AND FIRST DAY OF THE BILL.I PAID MORE THAN WHAT EVER THEY ASK FOR , TODAY I PIF ONE CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS , AND THEY SEND EMAIL FOR ME , THEY SAY THEY ARE LOWER MY C/L DOWN $500.00.I REALLY DON'T NEEDS THEM MUCH , CAN I CLOSE THEM , OR WHAT CAN I DO ? , THANKS ALL . HAVE A NICE DAY .

Hi Loc,

Cancel it might hurt your credit more than helping. If it has AF, PC to card w/o AF.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 2 of 3
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: AMERICANEXPRESS LOWER MY C/L , WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

Hi Loc

Go to my signature and open helpful links. In it is the closing credit cards thread.

Read that thread

This will give you a good inclination as to weather you should close the card or not.

If there is no AF, i would keep it open.

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.