Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX- 2 HP's in.... any hope?

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

AMEX- 2 HP's in.... any hope?

So I made a big oopsie with AMEX resulting in 2 HP's and now I have nothing to show for even though my Experian report is spotless. It all started a week ago when I app'ed for the AMEX Delta Gold. I first got the 7-10 day message which turned into denial within 2 minutes afterwards. I was slightly put off by such a quick rejection considering my scores were in the early 700's (or so I thought). I called the next day was connected to new accounts who informed me that i was denied because of my Experian FICO being too low (642). I immediately pulled my report and found some inaccurate and damaging derogs which were subsequently removed the following day. I once again called AMEX to report that my credit report had changed and was now reporting a score of 713 via MYFICO which was now in line with the scores given by the other CRA's. I asked for recon based on this new info and they said they would put in a request that may result in a hard pull(which i fully expected). I waited several days only to be denied again. Once again I pulled my Experian and noticed that there was no hard pull which led me to believe they based recon on the innacurate report that was originally pulled. Frustrated and distraught, I figured that I would just initiate a new app this time for PRG (which i hear is easier to get). I assumed that doing so would result in the pulling of a fresh credit report and I was fully expecting instant apporval. NOPE instant denial. After looking more into it I realized that this denial was likely a result of apping so soon after the original decline. I got a letter in the mail today for AMEX recon and indeed they did attempt recon based on the original pull. This blows, is there any hope of me speaking to an actual person that can manually review my app based on the HP i rec'd from apping for PRG? EO isn't  to keen on speaking to new applicants that are not current members of the AMEX family and new accounts seems to be pretty much worthless. Do I actually have a shot or am I just wasting my time at this point? Please help, thanks

Experian FICO 713

0 baddies

AAoA 11 months

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX- 2 HP's in.... any hope?

Hate to say it.  Another example of being too proactive.  Just so I understand.  Did you get 1 or 2 HPs?  Sounds like you got 2-3 rejections off of same credit report.  Or are you saying you got separate HPs, but they always seemed to use credit report off of original HP?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can fax your corrected cr to their Media Dept. include your reference number with a brief note on why you want it manually reviewed. You can find the fax number on the Backdoor sticky.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Or call the Executive office in sticky and get them to straighten it all out.

Message 4 of 10
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding. The first 2 denials came from the same pull. The PRG denial was the 2nd pull. I know with certainty that the first 2 denials were based on the innacurate report because of letters i rec'd from AMEX. The PRG denial resulted in a hard pull. I can't be sure at this time if they pulled the old or new report but I am almost certain that it would have to be the new one since the pull occurred several days after the report had been updated. I highly doubt that I was denied based off or the new report, mpre likely for apping again too soon.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 5 of 10
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@ Lexie... what is the best way to obtin a full credit report to fax over? I think I'ved used up my free CR's for the year. Should I just print the updated one from myfico or go directly to the Experian website?

Message 6 of 10
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

obtain*

Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

Thanks for responding. The first 2 denials came from the same pull. The PRG denial was the 2nd pull. I know with certainty that the first 2 denials were based on the innacurate report because of letters i rec'd from AMEX. The PRG denial resulted in a hard pull. I can't be sure at this time if they pulled the old or new report but I am almost certain that it would have to be the new one since the pull occurred several days after the report had been updated. I highly doubt that I was denied based off or the new report, mpre likely for apping again too soon.

Call the Executive office.  But I would be very clear which cards you are going to apply for still.  Explain situation and give you chance to argue for recon reasons (not necessarily with executive office people).  However, be prepared for another HP, but I would kind of complain about the ones you got so far in any case so maybe help avoid another.

Message 9 of 10
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice guys. I will put my plan into action on Monday.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.